-Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

teh power man
        back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by Racer_XXX View Post
          found one on ebay. not too sure what that converts to in us $

Around $2600 just for the motor. With the money also spent shipping that thing here and swapping it in, you could have a NICELY built F22A.

Just a thought.
          3 CB's gone....
          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

i still wonder if you can make a f22 into a desiel lol
            back at it again

Comment

imo it would be awsome just because its diff and could u imagine pulling up to a crowd sounding like a mini chevy 2500 lol ppl will be dumb found lol

h22a4+p2u5 trans+8000rpm= 135mph in 4 gear

Comment

it would be diff lol
                back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                  um...no

completely different design and i dont think the components would hold up to the kind of pressures it requries.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                    um...no

completely different design and i dont think the components would hold up to the kind of pressures it requries.
                    but people can do it with there vdubs non desiel engines and make them desiel
                    back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                      It is illegal to do so. (Copy and pasted from http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resour.../engswitch.pdf )

UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
                      WASHINGTON, D.C. 20460
                      ENGINE SWITCHING FACT SHEET
                      UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
                      WASHINGTON, D.C. 20460
                      March 13, 1991
                      OFFICE OF AIR AND RADIATION

Pursuant to frequent requests for information received by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
                      (EPA) regarding the legality and effects of engine switching, this document will summarize federal law
                      and policy pertaining to this matter, and will discuss other related issues.
                      A. Federal Law
                      The federal tampering prohibition is contained in section 203(a)(3) of the Clean Air Act (Act), 42
                      U.S.C. 7522(a)(3). Section 203(a)(3)(A) of the Act prohibits any person from removing or rendering
                      inoperative any emission control device or element of design installed on or in a motor vehicle or motor
                      vehicle engine prior to its sale and delivery to an ultimate purchaser and prohibits any person from
                      knowingly removing or rendering inoperative any such device or element of design after such sale and
                      delivery, and the causing thereof. The maximum civil penalty for a violation of this section by a
                      manufacturer or dealer is $25,000; for any other person, $2,500. Section 203(a)(3)(B) of the Act
                      prohibits any person from manufacturing or selling, or offering to sell, or installing, any part or
                      component intended for use with, or as part of, any motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine where a
                      principal effect of the part or component is to bypass, defeat, or render inoperative any device or
                      element of design installed on or in a motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine, and where the person
                      knows or should know that such part or component is being offered for sale or is being installed for
                      such use. The maximum civil penalty for a violation of this section is $2,500.
                      EPA received many questions regarding the application of this law to a situation where one engine is
                      removed from a vehicle and another engine is installed in its place. EPA's policy regarding "engine
                      switching" is covered under the provisions of Mobile Source Enforcement Memorandum No. lA
                      (Attachment 1). This policy states that EPA will not consider any modification to a "certified
                      configuration" to be a violation of federal law if there is a reasonable basis for knowing that emissions
                      are not adversely affected. In many cases, proper emission testing according to the Federal Test
                      Procedure would be necessary to make this determination.

A "certified configuration" is an engine or engine chassis design which has been "certified" (approved)
                      by EPA prior to the production of vehicles with that design. Generally, the manufacturer submits an
                      application for certification of the designs of each engine or vehicle it proposes to manufacture prior to
                      production. The application includes design requirements for all emission related parts, engine
                      calibrations, and other design parameters for each different type of engine (in heavy-duty vehicles), or
                      engine chassis combination (in light-duty vehicles). EPA then "certifies" each acceptable design for use,
                      in vehicles of the upcoming model year.
                      For light-duty vehicles, installation of a light-duty eng~ne into a different light-duty vehicle by any
                      person would be considered tampering unless the resulting vehicle is identical (with regard to all
                      emission related parts, engine design parameters, and engine calibrations) to a certified configuration of
                      the same or newer model year as the vehicle chassis, or if there is a reasonable basis for knowing that
                      emissions are not adversely affected as described in Memo 1A. The appropriate source for technical
                      information regarding the certified configuration of a vehicle of a particular model year is the vehicle
                      manufacturer.
                      For heavy-duty vehicles, the resulting vehicle must contain a heavy-duty engine which is identical to a
                      certified configura- tion of a heavy-duty engine of the same model year or newer as the year of the
                      installed engine. Under no circumstances, however, may a heavy-duty engine ever be installed in a
                      light-duty vehicle.
                      The most common engine replacement involves replacing a gasoline engine in a light-duty vehicle with
                      another gasoline engine. Another type of engine switching which commonly occurs, however, involves
                      diesel powered vehicles where the diesel engine is removed and replaced with a gasoline engine.
                      Applying the above policy, such a replacement is legal only if the resulting engine-chassis configuration
                      is equivalent to a certified configuration of the same model year or newer as the chassis. If the vehicle
                      chassis in question has been certified with gasoline, as well as diesel engines(as is common), such a
                      conversion could be done legally.
                      Another situation recently brought to EPA's attention involves the offering for sale of used foreign-built
                      engines. These engines are often not covered by a certified configuration for any vehicle sold in this
                      country. In such a case, there is no way to install such an engine legally. EPA has recently brought
                      enforcement actions against certain parties who have violated the tampering prohibition by performing
                      illegal engine switches.
                      It should be noted that while EPA's policy allows engine switches as long as the resulting vehicle
                      matches exactly to anv certified configuration of the same or newer model year as the chassis, there are
                      some substantial practical limitations to performing such a replacement. Vehicle chassis and engine
                      designs of one vehicle manufacturer are very distinct from those of another, such that it is generally not
                      possible to put an engine into a chassis of a different manufacturer and have it match up to a certified

configuration. Therefore, practical considerations will generally limit engine switches to installation of
                      another engine which was certified to be used in that same make and model (or a "twin" of that make
                      and model, e.g., Pontiac Grand Am and Oldsmobile Calais). In addition, converting a vehicle into a
                      different certified configuration is likely to be very difficult, and the cost may prove prohibitive.
                      B. State Laws
                      Many states also have statutes or regulations prohibiting tampering in general. Most of these laws
                      specifically prohibit tampering by individuals. A few specifically prohibit engine switching, using
                      provisions similar to those stated in EPA's policy. To determine the state law in any given state, the
                      state's Attorney General's office should be contacted. In addition, many states have state or local
                      antitampering inspection programs which require a periodic inspection of vehicles in that area, to
                      determine the integrity of emission control systems. Many programs have established policies for
                      vehicles which have been engine switched. While EPA does not require these programs to fail engine
                      switched vehicles which are not in compliance with federal policy, the Agency does strongly
                      recommend that these programs set their requirements so as to be consistent with the federal law. State
                      or local programs which pass illegally engine switched vehicles may mislead federally regulated parties
                      into believing that engine switching is allowed by federal law.

copyright EPA.
                      3 CB's gone....
                      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

lol they dont care bout that kind of stuff up here in nh and maine
                        back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                          That'd be sick boosted.
                          i-CTDI/i-DTEC are turbodiesels

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                          Honda Accord Euro-R
                          Honda Odyssey Absolute
                          Honda City I-DSi
                          Honda Stream

Comment

yo know if i remember correctly (it could hav been 5-6 yrs ago) i believe the TDI civic made low 14's on the 1/4 mile. i remember when my dad was looking around for a economic car that has alot of pep and barely burns any gas. And in the magazine we were looking through it was like a heaven sent (too bad he didn't get it). I swear it was like an eye opener. i can't remember if honda tried equiping it with vtec though
                            '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

I made a post about this same engine like 3 months ago lol. It DEF would be unique... Like only one on the continent lol
                              -Will

Comment

where could i get a n22?!

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                                And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                                Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Working...
                                X