JDM H22A auto tranny help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM H22A auto tranny help?

Heyy guys i got my H22A swap done and was on my way to work on day when my cars RPM's shot and my tranny just went out when i gave it gas it reved up so after i turned my car off and checked it out i went to start it again and it wont even turn over the flywheel just spins freely. I was talking to a few honda guys around town and was told by one that my flex plate had broke? so my first ? to you guys is that is this true? and what is a flex plate? Also I keep getting told that i cant run an H22A with an AUTO tranny that it cant hold its own. I dont see why not when they make AUTO H22A preludes? So my last ? is can i still run my Accord tranny or would it be best to get a prelude LSD tranny? any and all help would be very greatful!! thanks for looking and your help ~~Cody~~ P.S. i also need the H22A TCU where is the best place i can pick one up? i dont want to get a junk one off of ebay.

hi there ' you can use h22a with h22a auto mp1a tranny , ive had no prpblems when i did mine ...if you have the rpm shooting up whatever you wanna call it ?? then back track ya steps to when you first started the installation.the flex plate or (torque converter plate) bolts to the crank shaft then bolt the torque converter to it .

look through the little hole where you would look to set the timing marks or remove the plate under the transmission and inspect .
    also recheck yous cables ,fluid, if all is well.
    then the tranny could be shot ....

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

Sounds like the clutches are fried. My F22 auto went out this past summer, it slipped for a bit before finally kicking it. I could floor the gas all I want, the thing wouldn't move. Reverse kinda worked, but even that went out trying to back it up my driveway. Swapped it for an MP1A from a used Honda parts place that the local dealership goes to for their parts. I'm not sure how things are done down in... Peru?
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-02-2010, 07:03 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I know exactly what happened here.

When you did your swap, you didnt run the tranny through all of the gears for at least 30 seconds each, thus the solenoids didnt open and allow transmission fluid to fill the whole tranny case.

I know because i had to replace my transmission this past spring.

When you do an auto transmission swap/overhaul/maintenance, you have to fill the case with about 2 1/2 quarts of ATF.
        With the car on, run the shifter through every gear (P,R,N,D4,3,2,L) for at least 30 seconds each starting from P to L then from L to P.
        Turn off car, check level, and refill the case as needed, then re-run the shifter through the gears (basically repeating the steps) until your transmission dipstick is reading it at the full level.

**NOTE**
        Your transmission is toast, its not the flexplate.
        And also, you can only check the dipstick of the AT tranny right after you shut off the engine to get an accurate reading.

Hopefully you remember all of this. I learned it the hard way after my transmission went out. And good luck with your project. (especially to replace the transmission) PIA.

MRT

Comment

after looking at it the plate is cracked but imma put everything that you guys posted to test i want to run this accord like theres no 2maro! but where would be the place i can pick up an mp1a tranny? Thanks again for all of your help guys!

Comment

Working...
          X