Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VTEC not engaging? all possible problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another member (trini-2-de-bone) had this same problem. His speedometer gear went out and caused the v-tec not to engage. When the gear was replaced his v-tec began to work again.
    600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

ya he called me and mentioned that...where and what is that btw, lol
      JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

If they dont switch the ecu out, I have one i can sell you. Just lemme know man. It is a P13 by the way.

Comment

try another ecu...if its boggin or not engagin...n ur have a rev limit thas short of 7k then its in ur ecu..is it chipped?? if ur running rich..do u have a o2 sensor? runnin with no o2 sensor will make u run hella rich n ur car will bog..
          Boosted!!

Comment

used the o2 sensor from the accord...should i get a lude one...and found that i'm not throwin a cel cause that led is burnt out...replacing that w/in the next couple days...
            JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

yea if u have a cel then that should fix the prob...thas wat it sounds like is happenin...replace the o2 reset the ecu by takin the - battery term loose..wait bout 45 secs u should be good to go after that..
              Boosted!!

Comment

i didnt use the lude o2 and my car is fine.

the vss going out will stop vtec from kicking in? how is that possible? vtec works off oil pressure?

you neeed to quit replacing parts until you have a working ecu and you know wtf is going on, your wasting all this money. you could of bought a p28 by now..
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

find a p28 ecu..p30...p72 ecu try one of those ...any vtec ecu n see if that makes a diff..if so its all in ur ecu...

i have a (imptech)mugen chipped ecu for sale

rev limit 8500
                  vtec 4800

it was for a b20vtec
                  Boosted!!

Comment

the ecu is throwin codes now...replaced the bulb...3, 6, 7, and 36...can't figure out what 36 is...
                    JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

tempest is throwing 36 too.. weirdo CEL

and he is throwing 3,6... i hope when you bought the car it wasnt throwing CELs and they just said hell with the CEL and got rid of it.
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

wtf?? read that code again cuz code 36 is for traction control i believe?
                        Boosted!!

Comment

read it like four times...that's what it is...and yes, the f22b1 was throwin all those codes when i bought it probably, but that's all cause i had no emissions box for a long time....i just got one when i got the h22...i pulled the cluster last night and there wasn't even a bulb in there for the cel..they prolly pulled the bulb out so i wouldn't know it was throwin it...
                          JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

well its traction control for cel 36
                            Boosted!!

Comment

how do u turn that one off?
                              JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

cel 36 was for a 4wds system im assuming...traction control.... well u cant actually take it off... this unit is a seperate computer unit and not something actually built into the ECU its self.. so the CEL is just going to stay lit. Alright, doesnt effect the performance of ur engine... u said u have other codes those are the ones effecting ur engine......only way to make the light go off is to get the unit from a junked lude n plug it in ur car..simular to a relay box...best i can describe it

ive been trouble shooting ur car since yesterday while at the shop...n Cel 7 is throttle pos sensor..

cel 3 is map sensor..--Vtec will not engage with this code,n u will get shitty gas milage

cel 6 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit...

hope that helps u....
                                Last edited by ICANFLyy; 04-06-2005, 01:58 PM.
                                Boosted!!

Comment

Working...
                                X