Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VTEC not engaging? all possible problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many complications, i was lucky, mine started up with no codes at all and ran smoothly. I have a P13 if you wanna buy it.

Comment

did u move yet? i may be interested if everything doesn't work...but i prolly should just go ahead and find a p28
      JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

I move on monday. Well i can always ship it if anything. Lemme know if you need it man, i have no use for it.

Comment

Did we ever find out what the problem was?

Comment

ya....the ect sensor was bad....knock sensor too, but wasn't causing vtec problems...car runs DECENT now...not great, but good enough...just has a bad idle..tired of messing w/ it...getting like 23-25 miles to the gallon now though...
            JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

If you have a bad idle, then you must calibrate your TPS, its the black sensor on the back of your throttle body, really easy. Just loosen the two screws or bolts holding it on, get a voltmeter or multimeter, stick the pos in the red wire that goes in the sensor and the neg to any ground with the key turned to acc (car not running) you should be reading about 0.40 volts at closed throttle. If your not just turn the sensor clockwise or counter clockwise until your reading around that voltage. Tighten it up, start her up and you should be good.

Comment

My buddy rebels on here had his powere steering line crushed putting his H22A in his 92 accord and the car ran fine and the VTEC engaged like it was supposed to.

Comment

i know im gonna sound super stupid for asking this question but can you guys tell me how i would know if vtec is working or not? my girlfriend just bought a vtec and i dont think its a powerful as it should be. i do know here thermostat isnt working its stuck open and needs to be replaced cause it wont heat up right so i was just wondering if that will casue it not to work. if you could just pm me or sumin? also her fuel sending unit its not working but i dont believe that will have any affect on it. thanks for all ur help.
                  97 Prelude "The Lude"

Comment

My buddy rebels on here had his powere steering line crushed putting his H22A in his 92 accord and the car ran fine and the VTEC engaged like it was supposed to.
                    and what does that have to do with the price of beans

vtec will not engage until the car is warmed up properly.
                    Last edited by aero; 06-12-2005, 12:54 PM.

Comment

ya,

Now my car's VTEC doesn't feel like it's engaing. I disconnected K/S because it was throwing a CEL last time, didn't think it mattered. But this time, with it NOT pluged in...no cel...??? and no VTEC. However, I checked oil, ETC, and i'm not getting any VTEC CEL's.

I am, howver, getting CEL#8/CEL#12. But that's TDC/EGR...and shouldn't have anything to do with VTEC...?

Any ideas guys?
                      2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                      JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                      My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Working...
                      X