Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 help por favor!

sup guys,

aight i just swapped my h22 into the cb, i figured all the cels, but is running a little funky, it sound like the engine is missing a little, if i accelerate your will hear it missing, it also fouls my plugs fast, i did all the tune up stuff, replace cap and rotor, ngk iridium spark plugs and msd wires,

the motor also bogs at around 3000 rpm, and will not let me rev any higher even if i have the pedal to the floor, sometimes it lets me rev past it and i got into vtec which clears it, but when i slow down i won't got past the 3000, i read a thread that said i might be the coil, i replaced it and still the same problem, i am also running 91 octane, its not throwing any cels,

at idle the motor also moves a lot, cause its missing or something, motor mounts are not that bad,and wants to die and bog out i have no idea what i could be please help

any help is greatly appreciated
    Members Ride

sounds like your timing may be a tooth off...OR its just not timed right....did u take a timing gun to it?

just my $.02

Sean
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

I would run some seafoam through the engine to get rid of any carbon buildup. Might also spray out your iacv and egr valve. Definately helped my swap run smooth.
      Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
      Project 240SX
      Originally posted by chillin943
      anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
      Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

is your IBA conneted and hows your idel

Comment

sea foam was runned thru it, didn't help, i don't think its timing but will double check, the iabs are hookep up, edit, my friend cut the wire, will connect later, idle is will bounce from 500 to 900, not jumping but just up and down slowly,

thanks for the help
          Members Ride

Comment

Double check everything you've done. Did you alter the motor in anyway? Change timming belt, or anything else? Do anything to the distributor?

My swap thread
            Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
              Double check everything you've done. Did you alter the motor in anyway? Change timming belt, or anything else? Do anything to the distributor?

i did the timing belt, so i will check timing tomorow in the morning, nothing to the distributor just cap and rotor, i will also check tps tomorow also,

you live in ontario, where at?
              Members Ride

Comment

check to make sure the plugs are in the right place and its not miss firing. also check the fast idle valve for the idleing(sp)

Comment

sounds like you're in limp mode. so, no cels at all? yea, make sure you're firing order is correct.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

it finally gave the a cel for vtec oil pressure switch, the wire came off
                    i clean all my intake manifold yesterday with new gaskets and everything, i helped out a little with the idling

but other than that no cels, about to check firing order and timing right now

thanks
                    Members Ride

Comment

well i finally fixed the damn thing whoooooooooooo

i was my cam timing, i was off like 3 teeth , so i fixed

now i runs like a champ, man does it pull now, i have to wire the iab still, but its all good

thanks for all your help!
                      Members Ride

Comment

told ya so... glad u figured it out! my buddy had the same issue with his timing...so thats what i thought when i read ur post...

Sean
                        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

geez 3 teeth.... thats a shitty mistake..

have fun with it

Comment

yeah thanks for the help, 3 teeth is pretty bad, but you learn from your mistakes
                            Members Ride

Comment

if ya dont mind me asking? how in the hell do you know if its 3 teeth off. just asking because my h22 is runnin as it should. and i wasnt the one who put the timing belt on. so its a possiblity that it may be one tooth off. just enough for it to not run as well as it should.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X