Swap's done, but no VTEC!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap's done, but no VTEC!!

alright, i've been asking around here to some individuals guys but we can't seem to figure it out...well, almost... figured more input could help...
    so here's the info: i swapped in the jdm H22 into my 92 ex...i'm running a chipped p28, and all the pin locations on the ecu are correct.... solenoid is fine, and the ecu is good (tested it on another swapped cb).... everything is hooked up..... ok, so when i turn on the car.... there's no CEL, i run the codes anyway, NOTHING..... let it warm up, and take it for a drive.... at the point where vtec should engage nothing happens except for the CEL turning on.. i run the codes again... and then it throws the Vtec pressure switch code.... oil is plenty and clean..... filter is good.... so what's the deal? can it be simply that my pressure switch/sensor is bad? i dont know.. someone diagnose this, please!! thanks..
    R.I.P.

AzN VtEc PoWeR (6:38:35 PM): im gonna go shit in someones cereal

my best guess is that the sensor is prolly bad... does the oil light ever come on mine went bad on my f22 and it would light up periodicly

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

oh... i forgot to mention that my #2 piston sucks....i had a compression test done to the motor and my #2 read at 150, the rest at 250......maybe there's not enough compression build up... i dont know, im not a mechanic...anybody??
      R.I.P.

Comment

nope, no oil light!
        R.I.P.

Comment

im not 100% sure maybe someone with a lil more experience on the subject can help but that much of a difference in compression is something to worry about just know its prolly a good thing to fix that sooner than later but id check the oil sensor first and go from there

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Yep that compression number is low. Id wet test that number 2 cylinder again and see if the compression bumps up. And check if someone has a sensor or somethin layin around so you can use it. If wiring and all that cancels out looks like it could be the sensor itself. If you have a volt meter you can check the specs to it but I dunno the spec to the pressure switch.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

what u should do is check your wires to the ecu from the solinoid look at where the pins are to make sure nothing was swapped around
              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi
                what u should do is check your wires to the ecu from the solinoid look at where the pins are to make sure nothing was swapped around
                everything is good..
                R.I.P.

Comment

better recheck i thought i had everything correct as well
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

has the vtec engagement rpm been altered by the chipped ecu? from what you've said (ruling out the other variants) it most likely seems like a vtec pressure switch prob

Comment

He already checked the wiring and everything I sent him the diagram and all Wiring and ECU all check out. The only culprit left is the switch itself.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Bad ground is my guess, take out the little filter in the presssure switch and clean it out.
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

lol, there's a filter?? aight, mangs... i'll check it out... brake cleaner right?
                          R.I.P.

Comment

do you HAVE and oil pressure switch? lol...
                            Just wondering...cause my engine didn't come with one. I just order mine on ebay...hopefully I'll get it by next week.

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
                            .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
                            .::._____My Myspace______.::.

Comment

yeah, it's got one...
                              R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                              X