JDM F22B Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM F22B Swap

Alright, I guess this will be my progress thread. I haven't started yet, but I've got the motor sitting in the garage right now. I just wanted to know, other than putting the motor in, are there any things i need to do to it before i put it in, i.e. maybe switch the fuel rail, ect. I suck at searching, fyi. So answers here would be awesome. So, any special things I need to do before I put it in?

and btw.

Pee in the oil =D. I keed it should be direct drop in. Looks like you wont have to do any modification for the dizzy since your car is an internal setup if I remember. Plus I would do all your tuneup crap with the motor out and timing and all that good stuff.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you should start learning how to search.

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...highlight=f22b

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yeah, that one was full of flame, thanks to a few people. another reason i asked the qestions, so there wouldn't be all of that extra bullshit. anyway,

"things you should change:
        -fuel rail(use the injectors that came with the f22b, not f22a)
        -i had to change my egr valve because the sensor plug was different on mine.
        -the front thermostat housing. the one on the f22b doesn't have a spot for the sensor."

can you help me out with the fuel rail, how do i do that?

and pictures of all three things, please. thanks man.

Comment

whos coupe?

Comment

mine

Comment

Originally posted by npor
              yeah, that one was full of flame, thanks to a few people. another reason i asked the qestions, so there wouldn't be all of that extra bullshit. anyway,

"things you should change:
              -fuel rail(use the injectors that came with the f22b, not f22a)
              -i had to change my egr valve because the sensor plug was different on mine.
              -the front thermostat housing. the one on the f22b doesn't have a spot for the sensor."

can you help me out with the fuel rail, how do i do that?

and pictures of all three things, please. thanks man.
              the 2nd post has everything you need. You dont have to read the rest.

when you're in the engine, you'll figure it out. If you cant, then get yourself a helms. If you still cant, step away from the car and get a new hobby.

It's really not that difficult. it really doesnt hurt to figure out things on your own once in a while.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

alright, i appreciate the help. now i can do it myself.

anybody willing to actually help me out over here?

Comment

who's been asking to help since before you even bought that car...
                  seriously though. LMK, and maybe i'll be able to come up there one weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                    who's been asking to help since before you even bought that car...
                    seriously though. LMK, and maybe i'll be able to come up there one weekend.

check your away message. haha.

Comment

what part of georgia you at? id be down man for real i did the f22b swap although mine was fucked up the dist was bad and the usdm ones from h23 or f22a werent fitting i had to custom make a distrubeter using f22a internals in an f22b case turned upside down 180 degrees and custom mounted! lol you shouldnt have that problem though

shiat savanahh thats so close im almost in jax yo dude give me a time and a day. probly a sunday
                      Last edited by Turbo Dave; 02-13-2007, 02:40 AM.
                      ]

Comment

haha, that's what i did. gutted a 90lx dizzy and put it in the f22b dizzy.

swap fuel rails
                        rewire dizzy

only 2 things you need to do besides swap. Plus CHANGE all seals/gaskets/belts. PLEASE. or at least check your timing belt. If my car was running, i would consider coming down to help. maybe minze will drive me. jk
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

word. im in the middle of swapping the fuel rails right now.

hah, come on!

and rockenricer, if all the parts get here by this weekend, im gonna start the swap this weekend.

i still need, and haven't ordered...

dizzy
                          clutch/flywheel
                          headers/exhaust (although, i may just use the stock headers/exhaust)

and i've ordered, but not gotten here yet

ps/ds axles

today im gonna swap the fuel rails, and clean the engine bay. yep.

Comment

word. im in the middle of swapping the fuel rails right now.

hah, come on!

and rockenricer, if all the parts get here by this weekend, im gonna start the swap this weekend.

i still need, and haven't ordered...

dizzy
                            clutch/flywheel
                            headers/exhaust (although, i may just use the stock headers/exhaust)

and i've ordered, but not gotten here yet

ps/ds axles

today im gonna swap the fuel rails, and clean the engine bay. yep.
                            what r u doin sunday.
                            ]

Comment

quick question, could i take the engine wire harness from my F22A4, and put it onto my F22B?

2 of the harnesses on the F22b are cut, one is cracked aswell
                              and one/(maybemore) have the wires pulled out of them.
                              here are pictures.

and i've got this F22A4 harness off, while i'm getting the fuel rail off of the f22a4

Comment

Working...
                              X