No announcement yet.

JDM F22B Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b is the same as an h22 minus vtec wiring. look at the Complete Swap FAQ thread, covers everything ontop of what d112crzy posted in the other thread.

reuse a4 wiring and rail

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

alright, thanks alot mike.

back to work i go.

and rockenricer, nothing as of now. ive got to talk to some local people about getting a cherrypicker and an engine stand. then the parts have to come in. :O

Comment

check your gaskets,seals,timing belts. I promise you won't regret it. Is your TPS broken?
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yeah, im checking all of that tomorrow.

and yes...it is broken...

Comment

yea, you're supposed to use the your stock accord harness.

if you're tps is broken, just swap the one from your stock tb to that one. just remember to place the tps on the rotor correctly and make sure you set the voltage.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Just to let you know, you are going to need a H22 distributor. Or else you will have to switch to external coil.
              Gary A.K.A. Carter
              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

he has a 90-91, which come internally coiled.

the f22b comes internally coiled as well.

Comment

gg, the guy that took the stock harness off the old F22a4, fucked it up. some harnesses are cut, some are cracked, when he could of just pulled them all off?

ugh.

so a recap for today, i switched the fuel rails. i was going to remount the wire harness, but found that there were broken/missing harnesses on it, so i stopped for tonight. i've got some parts to order tonight though.

flywheel, probably calling honda and picking it up tomorrow. oem
                  and dizzy.

i just bought a clutch. "XTD Stage 1 Racing clutch" umm..i'm hoping he'll ship it out tomorrow? who knows.

Comment

howd the IACV work out?
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

worked like a charm man, thanks. i'm about to buy another dizzy, should i get an H23 or H22?

i was planning on getting the H23...that one is the right one to get, just a replacement, right?

Comment

only difference between h23 and h22 dizzy's is that one is external while the other is internal.

But for your sakes, just get an h22 since you're already internal coil. Unless you want to do an external coil conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                          Just to let you know, you are going to need a H22 distributor. Or else you will have to switch to external coil.
                          you dont at all if you know what your doing.
                          ]

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                            worked like a charm man, thanks. i'm about to buy another dizzy, should i get an H23 or H22?

i was planning on getting the H23...that one is the right one to get, just a replacement, right?
                            arent dist like 200 bucks? i wouldnt waste the money when you can easily convert, i can show you how as i converted mine....
                            ]

Comment

word. i don't know man...mine is pretty messed up...i'll take pictures when i get home, and then we'll go from there.

i really don't think i'll be able to convert it, but we'll see. i put in an offer for $140 shipped for a jdm f22b one on ebay, but i doubt the guy is going to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                                you dont at all if you know what your doing.
                                What are you talking about? D112crzy echoed exactly what I said, the information is correct.

npor, on your clutch, he probably will not ship out tomorrow. When I ordered my clutch from them it took a few days to ship it out. Also it comes UPS ground from LA so it will take a full 6 days to get to you.
                                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                                X