.::THE JDM F22B Swap Guide::.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTEK24 View Post
    I have heard that megan header+downpipe sets do have fitment issues between persay the f22a and the f22b/h23a. But I know some have bought the H23 set and worked out fine. I know it sounds weird because it should fit regardless but thats how megan products are.
    hmm lets hope not because i dont want to spend another 190.00 on it. i would go cheap with my header as i did in the past and had bad things happen with them lol. im just gonna try and adjust somethings and see if i can get it to fit right.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcb7ex View Post
      i am using the f22a1 megan racing 4-2-1 header and downpipe.
      THat is odd. I used my Megan F22A1 header as well and had no issues clearing my oil pan.

As for the gaskets though, I have blown numerous of them as they are just shitty gaskets.
      3 CB's gone....
      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

well what i have done is taken the gasket off and put gasket maker on each side of it and put it back on so i am hoping maybe that can help clear this issue up i doubt it but its worth a shot. and when i took the header off and put it back on it seemed to go back on without a fight.

Comment

ok so people still seem to have the timing belt issue. i picked up the 2.5L caravan belt is that the correct one? or what else is everybody using. also. i have an actual F22b water pump that i got shipped from japan now can i still use the same belt? or am i going to have to buy an f22ax pump? also balancer belt. F22ax?
          R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
          CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
          Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by blackedout View Post
            ok so people still seem to have the timing belt issue. i picked up the 2.5L caravan belt is that the correct one? or what else is everybody using. also. i have an actual F22b water pump that i got shipped from japan now can i still use the same belt? or am i going to have to buy an f22ax pump? also balancer belt. F22ax?

When we did ours we ordered the stuff from here: http://store.autodynamics-honda.com/hopt2tipt0ba.html

It's the link from the first page of this guide. Really, it was the way to go. The stuff came in OEM wrapping, it was pretty sweet. Shipping wasn't bad, only about a week.
            1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

im having cel issues now. i mean it runs fiine and everything just i have a coolant temperature sensor cel and i rewired the sensor on the t housing cuz they where touching and i replaced the sensor itself too and still the same.
              R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
              CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
              Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

Comment

bump for a good thread

Comment

Having just done a timing belt job on an F22B dohc, using a Teg Type R timing belt & F22A balancer belt, I think the problem people are having with the tighter 126 tooth belts is the order in which they are installing the belt maybe.

Hear me out, it's a tight fit, almost too tight of a fit but it's doable with a little finesse and a trick.

The trick is removing the timing belt tensioner off of the little peg on the arm or bracket (that holds it into place and keeps the tensioner from rotating too much) and slipping the belt over. This is done last after the belt has been slipped over the crankshaft gear, the camshaft gears and the water pump gear. The belt has to be pulled off of the crank gear and the water pump gear slightly so that it is only half on and half off. The belt can then be slipped over the tensioner and the arm with the hole for the peg can be rotated into place then pushed onto the cast peg or stud.

Let me see if I can dig up some pictures to show you what I'm talking about.

It is a really tight fit I will give you that but the stock F22B belt is the same amount of difficulty. I think it is just a tight belt or fit or something. They are picky engines though. I learned this trick on the first one I changed. Has helped me ever since.

Someone should start a post for people to document what combo they used. Then any differences could be investigated such as teeth on the gears, part numbers or castings, etc.
                  SM4 CB3 ACCORD 2.0Si______________________________________________

Comment

alright so just got done with the timing belt after a two day run at it with 92smokedaccord(i think that's his name on the site) but started with the 88 caravan timing belt...and no go...it sucked...had one less tooth i believe and kept jumping timing...was terrible... so the next day(being today) got the 96 acura gsr belt and went on perfect...and alot of ppl say its tight...it was perfect...so anyone who gets the belt...the stock jdm f22b dohc belt has 126teeth and so does the gsr...just wanted to clear that up a little bit for anyone who is still deciding...thanx Jeremy!

Comment

Originally posted by 92whiteboicb7 View Post
                      alright so just got done with the timing belt after a two day run at it with 92smokedaccord(i think that's his name on the site) but started with the 88 caravan timing belt...and no go...it sucked...had one less tooth i believe and kept jumping timing...was terrible... so the next day(being today) got the 96 acura gsr belt and went on perfect...and alot of ppl say its tight...it was perfect...so anyone who gets the belt...the stock jdm f22b dohc belt has 126teeth and so does the gsr...just wanted to clear that up a little bit for anyone who is still deciding...thanx Jeremy!
                      anytime.... mikes h22 is next on my mullesting list

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92whiteboicb7 View Post
                        This is what I used and found out few years back when I did my swap. I used the H23 belt and smashed some valves since it was 2-3 teeth too big. the gsr belt fit like a charm and was the same teeth count as the stock belt. The only issue it the GSR belt is a milimeter or 2 thicker so some people say it rubs on the valve cover but I have not had any rubbing in the 3 years I have run the belt.

I think it comes down to the oil and water pump people use and this is the reason that belts fit people differently.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                          This is what I used and found out few years back when I did my swap. I used the H23 belt and smashed some valves since it was 2-3 teeth too big. the gsr belt fit like a charm and was the same teeth count as the stock belt. The only issue it the GSR belt is a milimeter or 2 thicker so some people say it rubs on the valve cover but I have not had any rubbing in the 3 years I have run the belt.

I think it comes down to the oil and water pump people use and this is the reason that belts fit people differently.
                          yeah it didnt rub on the cover it rubed at the front tensioner till it wore in...

my new turbo build

Comment

Great thread, one question though, if the power steering pump from the f22b is used will the existing pressure hose bolt up to it our will I have to acquire a pressure hose from the prelude...just asking topic was left out.

Comment

You'll need a prelude pressure hose
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

My f22b swap came with all accessories, If I choose to leave jdm pump,alternator, and a/c compresor will the jdm compressor pulley clear the frame. It looks bigger than the usdm one. It also came with a p39...Compression tested at 210psi

Comment

Working...
                                X