This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boost f22b or h22a?

ok well im planing on saving up for a swap and i want to boost so im kind of weighing my options here. I would love to have vtec but for the price you can get the f22b im thinking twice and it seems to be more turbo friendly. im just looking for some opnions and shit on this also if anybody has or know what kind of quart mile im lookin at with the fseries please let me know
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

The H22a swap would be more realiable.
    92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

relability is in the eye of the beholder.... lol..

i know reeves he doesnt plan to push much.. 8psi i believe is what he wanted with the f22b.. and for the price of it.. its more budget friendly for him..

2,200 is quite a chung of change.. as to

450ish shipped for a f22b dohc

like i told him.. 2,200 is just getting it to your house.. lil shit may come up..

same thing with the f22b dohc but its hella cheaper..

for 1,500 he could be boosting it at a very low psi..and be making more power and torque than the h22a...

dont start a f22a/h22a in here please this isnt the point at hand..

but i will use someones car as a example

blazenaccords jdm f22a-T setup

untuned-160whp 176tq AUTO.. as compared to 160-70whp 158tq

so far dynos ive seen of stock h22as push 160-170whp ish..

anyway.. blazen was untuned at that time.. and the f22b dohc produces 35hp more and about 11tq.. has a better flowing head

and a bit more higher compression at 9:1

in all this ranting im just saying.. its my personal OPINION... that it would be cheaper for him to do the turbo setup...

f22b dohc=450
      turbo setup=1,500 acclipse style

thats still under the cost of just getting the damn h22a to ur house..

bleh... im so anti h22a.. lmao

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

amen.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

and for the record..it has been said that a boosted f22 @ 10psi NON INTERCOOLED ran high 13s. cant say the same for a H22

Comment

Re: boost f22b or h22a?

Originally posted by 92accordDx
            ok well im planing on saving up for a swap and i want to boost so im kind of weighing my options here. I would love to have vtec but for the price you can get the f22b im thinking twice and it seems to be more turbo friendly. im just looking for some opnions and shit on this also if anybody has or know what kind of quart mile im lookin at with the fseries please let me know
            I'll put it to you like this,
            H22A = great all motor based engine
            F22B/H23 = awsome turbo based motors
            yes you can get a H22A turboed but from what I hear there's a much thiner line for errors in tuning a H22A compared to a F22b/h23
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

let me put it to you this way, its been covered lots of times! and for 1,500 you can make one hella good turbo kit. specially if you got welding connections. its really up to you.

you might boost and then later wish you had vtec

or you go vtec and then wish you were turboed.

ive seen it a million times.. over and over again.
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

bleh.. i feel u juan but still..

1,500 i can do a bad-ass diy setup.. run 8psi safely...

its up to u reeves.. and what u wanna do.. and how fast u want your car.. i mean.. 2,500 or so to get the h22a running.. will u be happy with that.. or do u need that extra umpgh from a turbocharger

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

shit man, I am in the same boat then.. I wanted ot get a h22a, and then tubo it, but if it is cheaper to turbo the f22b, then I dunno..I also still got my a6 I could turbo. I think there is no better sound then that of a BOV! I NEED A TURBO!!! So, what can I do, where can I get a kit, and how much? I know turbo kits has a turbo kit for the f22, but I wanna know if a dohc is better vs. a sohc, in terms of turboing? I got some thinkin to do..

-A. Swift
                  CB7 member number 137
                  Black Doubt Crew member #2
                  Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

there is one sound better than a BOV....a charge pipe blowing off

Comment

erm...got a soundfile? What is that, and what does it do? I am kinda new to this side of tuning..I have touched on it before, but I am wanting to learn more..

-A. Swift
                      CB7 member number 137

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

yea i figure the f22b was better for boost. i know there is a guy on ht with a 400 hrsp h23 so i just wanted some opnions. Thanks alot guys i think im going with the f since im a broke ass
                        cb7 sold
                        2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                        95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

or, would it be better yet to get an h23, wit an h22 head, and boost that? I am soo lsot, cause I wanna get turbo..I dunno if this swap would be worth it, or should I just get a cam, and tubo my a6?

-A. Swift
                          CB7 member number 137

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty1638
                            or, would it be better yet to get an h23, wit an h22 head, and boost that? I am soo lsot, cause I wanna get turbo..I dunno if this swap would be worth it, or should I just get a cam, and tubo my a6?

-A. Swift

nah h23/vtecs arnt very reliable.. at all and even less with boost

turbo your a6 man.. you can do it cheap... very cheap.. and make nice power....

lets just thank blazen i can quote this..

untuned:160whp 176tq..10psi..Side mount intercooler

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

well, then..I bet I will still get that nice sound too..hmm..hook me up wit a list of stuff I need..I mean EVERYTHING I need, and where I might find it all..for how much? Also, is it hard ot install this stuff? I am also unsure if they make a downpipe for the turbo setups..? I dunno if I jsut wanna weld the crap together, ya know..It seems kidna hack (no offense accord r33). I guess I am back to square one..h22a, or turboed f22a6...

-A. Swift
                              CB7 member number 137

Comment

Working...
                              X