Lets bet on what will break next!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets bet on what will break next!

My 91 lx 2door is the shit. Maybe not the shit. Maybe just shit...I love this car, but in the past two months, here's what I've had to replace-

New valve cover gasket-problem solved, not the tube seals leak

Fixed trunk leak with silicone around the taillight-trunk still leaks somewhere (rear windshield leak?)

New clutch master cylinder

Three days after the clutch master was fixed the slave went out and left me on the highway (Shoulda changed them both at once, couldnt afford it)

Battery kept dying-replaced it-TWICE before getting a battery that will work.

Had to replace tires for inspection-got four nice rims with good tires for 100 bucks.

failed inspection- I had to change the corner lights, fix the broken inside door handle and repair the exhaust (good time for a free fart can weld on, sounds great!)

Right after inspection I decided to replace both axles due to extreme clicking

Pulled into my driveway and saw steam from the hood-replaced radiator due to leak.

Still have one bad rear strut, old timing belt, old ignition components (rotor, cap, wires), tube seals, blown speakers, bad paint, and an A6 mani to install (woohoo!)...

DOES IT NEVER END!!!!

Just figured I'd take a poll on what goes bad next. What do you guys think will go wrong next on my fairly healthy f22a1 with 150k on the clock? The nice part is, for a 13 year old car, it still looks and runs good, and within the next year, at the rate I'm going, every part of my car will be brand new! I'll have a pimpityass 2005/1991 accord.

Damn we love cars too much

yeah man,sorry to hear all that.Seems that all the problems occured about the same time.Bad,bad.Let's not hope there would be any further problem with you car.Good luck and take it easy!

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

Comment

that sucks. You already put this much money in so keep going

Comment

Oh it'll keep going....faster and faster and faster...I just think it sucks that I had to spend so much damn loot keeping it going, but it feels good knowing that I've replaced the parts, they shouldn't give me trouble for a while, and hopefully soon I'll be able to blow ALL my money on performance instead of maintenance!

Comment

If you want a car that you don't have to spend money on maintenance, then buy a newer car. That way you can spend money on performance.

Expect to have to pay for things that go wrong. The car's getting old, hoses wear out, belts break, metal fatigues, parts corrode. Its a machine- they do break down from time to time. Some cars take more maintenance than others: it depends on how well the car was taken care of in the past.

As far as parts going bad next, I'll say 3: brake master cylinder, timing seals, and just for the hell of it, the key will break off in the ignition.
          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Im glad Im not the only one... Im pretty sure Im gonna need new exhaust before I get it inspected in September.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

forget everything else man. change the timing belt and all the seals.
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

My money's on the driver's door latch mechanism breaking and causing all sorts of headaches trying to cut it out from the inside of the door.

Comment

Move to florida we don't have inspections woot! Anyway yeah I've had to replace some stuff, but it's expected on a 14 year old car. Every things cool as long as you don't have to replace those parts twice. Think about how well the nice new parts will serve you.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

whoa...you've listed everything I've done to my car...seems like they go in the exact same order too...

Keep with it...once everything's been done, it'll last a good long time...

Comment

i bet it will be a ball joint, power antenna, or radiator/condenser fan.

fourthgenhatch.net

Comment

Hello,

I am thinking your main relay will fail next. Seems to be a common problem and mine went at 155,000 miles. Junkyard replacement cost me $15 so if it does fail, no sweat.

Hopefully you will have no more problems for at least the next 50K miles. Best of luck

vtechead

Comment

main relay/ignitor if that's never been done. Also, if you car overheated...oooo, that might mean bad news for the head gasket....unless it was just like a 5 min. overheat...at least you weren't driving w/ it overheated for too long right? then it should be okay

But most of the stuff you explained is maint. stuff i guess, cmon tires? lol everyone has to get those sooner or later unfortunately.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                          X