Crap load of white/greyish/blueish white smoke when i rev up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap load of white/greyish/blueish white smoke when i rev up

OK i did research and found nothing that really helped. Called around and no one could find anything. So this is my last chance at solving this.

I have an f22a1 and after doing a run with another street tuner when i got home i noticed a lot of white smoke was dumping out the exhaust. I started to get scared cause i figured this was a sign the motor was gone. So i did a compression test and i got between 190-200 across the board So that made me happy. And it does not sound like a wrx. So i then looked at the spark plugs and replaced them. There was oil in one of them so i replaced the gaskets under the valve cover. Still white/greyish blueish smoke. So i then check my oil. Thick not like chocolate milk. Check coolant still good and high.

I then do another compression to check the motor still good across the board. So i then swapped out to my new turbo to see if it was the turbo it wasn't still smoke. So i put the old one back on.

All i can say is i am stumped. I thought it was the head gasket but it is showing no signs. I noticed some oil on the spark plug of cylinder 3. So i am going to replace the gasket under the rocker assembly today. I just have no idea what it could be.

Any ideas would be helpful.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Try Seafoaming your motor, its topped all my smoke issues.
    Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
    Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
    Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
    Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
    Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

ya that is going to be my next step after i replace the seals under the rocker assembly
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

isnt like this...

blue smoke=buring oil
        white smoke=burning antifreeze
        black smoke=too rich

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

valve stem seals

also try a cylinder leakdown test

start putting every cyl on TDC remove the sparkplug and insert fitting and push in compressed air and ear for a wiss

this could determine a HG, RINGS, VALVES
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
            valve stem seals

start putting every cyl on TDC remove the sparkplug and insert fitting and push in compressed air and ear for a wiss

I forgot about that.

btw if you do, do it...

bad headgasket will make air come out radiator
            bad oil seals will make air come out of the dipstick

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
              PCV and breather also
              wat?

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                valve stem seals

I forgot about that.

btw if you do, do it...

bad headgasket will make air come out radiator
                OK wouldn't the compression test rule out hg, rings, and valves?

And my dipstick comes out all the time. I figured it was just from boost? OR does this mean the oil seals? And Oil seals are you referring to the gaskets under the rocker arm assembly?
                ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                  PCV and breather also
                  The PCV is blocked off on the intake mani and the hole in the valve cover is atmospheric. Wouldn't the breather have air coming out of it anyway?
                  ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    OK wouldn't the compression test rule out hg, rings, and valves?

And my dipstick comes out all the time. I figured it was just from boost? OR does this mean the oil seals? And Oil seals are you referring to the gaskets under the rocker arm assembly?
                    I mean the seals that separate the inside of the piston chamber from the oil chamber, ie=piston oil ring, valve seals

and did bubbles of air come out of the radiator cap hole when you pressurised each of the cyclinders?
                    & what color was the smoke? cuz I dont think it would come out in many colors like you said it did

Comment

If your dipstick is popping out, don't you think it's time to get a better breather setup and catch can?

Do a leak down test. They are much more conclusive than a compression test.
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                        If your dipstick is popping out, don't you think it's time to get a better breather setup and catch can?

he did that test already. & yeah if you DS is poping out it might be cuz your PVC is clogged causing the pressure to buld up cuz it has no were else to excape.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post

he did that test already. & yeah if you DS is poping out it might be cuz your PVC is clogged causing the pressure to buld up cuz it has no were else to excape.
                          the pvc is blocked off. You are referring to the part that goes from the intake mani to the valve cover right? it is capped on the intake mani and the hole on vc is atomsphericly dumped. It is not good to have the pvc connected when you are boosted. I am going to replace the seals under the rocker arm assembly and seaform the motor and we shall see what happens. Hopefully no more white smoke
                          ~Nick~

Comment

Update:

Did some seafoam a lot more white smoke came out but still smoking the same. So i did my own version of a leakdown and put the compression tester in and pressurized the combustion chamber all for help at 200 after letting it sit for 2-3 minutes. At the same time i listen for an noise that may be coming from the valves and heard nothing. I am now going to take of the intake mani and see if i find any puddles of oil that could have been sitting and now are being burned off. The oil could be due to the blown turbo i was running. I will then process to clean it out and reinstall it. At the same time i am going to look at the valves and see if i see any trace of oil and if there is how badly drenched they are.
                            ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                              Update:

Did some seafoam a lot more white smoke came out but still smoking the same. So i did my own version of a leakdown and put the compression tester in and pressurized the combustion chamber all for help at 200 after letting it sit for 2-3 minutes. At the same time i listen for an noise that may be coming from the valves and heard nothing. I am now going to take of the intake mani and see if i find any puddles of oil that could have been sitting and now are being burned off. The oil could be due to the blown turbo i was running. I will then process to clean it out and reinstall it. At the same time i am going to look at the valves and see if i see any trace of oil and if there is how badly drenched they are.

most intake mannys are dirty from, A=the PVC valve, & B the other vent tube that goes to the intake piping.

& you didnt say if any air was comming out of the radiator cap hole...

Comment

Working...
                              X