No announcement yet.

Crap load of white/greyish/blueish white smoke when i rev up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick solution..tee both of the outlets on the valvecover 2 gether. And run them 2 the compressor.. Put a piece of pipe on the comp inlet with a hole drilled into it..so it pulls all the vapor gases out of the block..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
      most intake mannys are dirty from, A=the PVC valve, & B the other vent tube that goes to the intake piping.

& you didnt say if any air was comming out of the radiator cap hole...
      yes i did check that and there was no air coming out of the radiator cap. The coolant was flowing normally.

As for the intake mani. It was dirty and i found oil in it. The plenum was very dirty with oil and the ports had some oil dripping out. Not a lot but enough to make small puddles when the intake was tipped upside down. As for looking at the intake valves they looked fine. But i am going to clean up the intake mani tomorrow and try starting it again. Hopefully this time there will be no white smoke.Now with this said should i just go ahead and replace the headgasket since i am 1/4 there. All i have to do now is take turbo off. Taking timing belt off and remove rocker assembly and head studs? Or should i connect intake mani back up and try to run it again?
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
        Quick solution..tee both of the outlets on the valvecover 2 gether. And run them 2 the compressor.. Put a piece of pipe on the comp inlet with a hole drilled into it..so it pulls all the vapor gases out of the block..
        wouldn't that recirculate it back into the block?
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

1st put it bad & see if it runs

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

If u did what I prescribed its basiclly a catchcan but removing the catchcan itself.. Causing for a very vacumn oriented pull from the turbo.. Thus sucking those vapors out of the block.. This should elivate some pressure that ur seeing.. Like causing the dipstick to blow out..(which means that crankcase is under a lot of pressure.. Plus ur 10-14psi on top of the slugs)

Put the manifold back and see if it fixes ur problem.. If it does and the problem proceeds 2 come back.. Ur turbo was reeeallly blown.. Blowing a shit ton of oil into ur charge piping which then id recommend that u pull it all off and go soak it all (including ur fmic) and cleanse it all with some soap and reinstall.. Sounds like a pain but that's the price we pay for continuing 2 run a blown turbo.. Lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
              If u did what I prescribed its basiclly a catchcan but removing the catchcan itself.. Causing for a very vacumn oriented pull from the turbo.. Thus sucking those vapors out of the block.. This should elivate some pressure that ur seeing.. Like causing the dipstick to blow out..(which means that crankcase is under a lot of pressure.. Plus ur 10-14psi on top of the slugs)

Put the manifold back and see if it fixes ur problem.. If it does and the problem proceeds 2 come back.. Ur turbo was reeeallly blown.. Blowing a shit ton of oil into ur charge piping which then id recommend that u pull it all off and go soak it all (including ur fmic) and cleanse it all with some soap and reinstall.. Sounds like a pain but that's the price we pay for continuing 2 run a blown turbo.. Lol
              Ya. I think i am going to take off the FMIC and run soap and water through it. Im sure there is a lot puddled in there.
              ~Nick~

Comment

I agree with Wikked, you need an crankcase ventilation system installed, that is why your oil dipstick is popping up. I had this problem after already having an oil catch can installed, but it need to breathe out better, after installing one more outlet on the can it was fine.

If you keep your eyes peeled, you realize people that do up their engines enough to validate a crankcase ventilation system, usually don't have one and wonder why they have some problems.

All I can say is that with a turbo system flowing more air than my high compression NA motor, you will need to breathe even more than I.

Definitely take the time to clean your intake piping and TB. I'd run Seafoam to clean your intake manifold. Clean your turbo piping like Wikked said. I also check that your valve cover gaskets and lower tube seals are OK, if not replace them. All depends on how much abuse they have taken already.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                  I agree with Wikked, you need an crankcase ventilation system installed, that is why your oil dipstick is popping up. I had this problem after already having an oil catch can installed, but it need to breathe out better, after installing one more outlet on the can it was fine.

If you keep your eyes peeled, you realize people that do up their engines enough to validate a crankcase ventilation system, usually don't have one and wonder why they have some problems.

All I can say is that with a turbo system flowing more air than my high compression NA motor, you will need to breathe even more than I.

Definitely take the time to clean your intake piping and TB. I'd run Seafoam to clean your intake manifold. Clean your turbo piping like Wikked said. I also check that your valve cover gaskets and lower tube seals are OK, if not replace them. All depends on how much abuse they have taken already.
                  Ya i have replaced the valve cover gasket but not the lower tube seals yet. I ran seafoam before i took off the intake mani and it puff out a lot more white smoke so that was a good sign. I am cleaning all the piping and intake mani tonight and start it back up. Hopefully that will clear up a lot of the white/blueish smoke.

So can we safely say that the headgasket is ok and that the motor is not blown but more or less just all the oil build up from the blown turbo?
                  ~Nick~

Comment

Your turbo is shot?

Comment

Your turbo is shot?
                      the old one was on its way. I started noticing traces of oil in the charge pipes. I recently put on a rebuilt turbo so no more oil will be put into the the charge pipes or combustion chamber
                      ~Nick~

Comment

Update: Well i cleaned out all the intercooler piping the intake mani and the fmic. And it still blew smoke like it did before. I took it for a spin to see if maybe it has to finish burning off the oil. But it keep blowing smoke. I then noticed oil was hitting my windshield. I pull off look and see oil all around the head. That to me says bad head gasket. Correct me if i am wrong. But i am not looking forward to doing the work but it has to be done
                        Last edited by Grumpys93; 06-10-2008, 08:35 AM.
                        ~Nick~

Comment

dude just replace it, your starting to burn antifreeze

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I have suspicion that because you have an insufficient crankcase ventilation system, your seals have had enough and caused these problems. Even after you fix the seal leakage, I would suggest redoing your crankcase ventilation system.

I believe I read somewhere that your oil dipstick is popping and that is a sign of too much crankcase ventilation.

Do a leakdown test, not a compression test, to confirm any suspicion of blown headgasket or piston ring blowby.

Comment

I have suspicion that because you have an insufficient crankcase ventilation system, your seals have had enough and caused these problems. Even after you fix the seal leakage, I would suggest redoing your crankcase ventilation system.

I believe I read somewhere that your oil dipstick is popping and that is a sign of too much crankcase ventilation.

Do a leakdown test, not a compression test, to confirm any suspicion of blown headgasket or piston ring blowby.
                              I plan to do the crankcase ventilation system. And ill do a leakdown test. I just have to go buy one
                              ~Nick~

Comment

What were the leakdown results? I pressurize it to 100 psi per cylinder. Every 1 psi = 1 %. You should have 0-5% loss per cylinder max, otherwise something is up and you have to locate where it is leaking by listen/observing certain areas.

Comment

Working...
                                X