Apexi SAFC/ stock ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apexi SAFC/ stock ECU?

i was just curious if you can use the Apexi SAFC on our stock motors to monitor and do a little slight tuning with it as you add new performance goodies?

Or do you have to run a different ecu to use this?

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

id like to hear a more informed reply on this as well, i got the impression that it wasnt really usable with our cars, but i'm not sure.
    Cars:
    91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    98 Accord LX Sedan
    95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

Yes u can add an safc. And yes u use the stock ecu alongside it. It's a piggyback so all it does is trick the ecu. If your looking to get the most out of your bolton's please don't waste your money on an afc. Totally not worth it. All you can do is tune fuel, which is not the only thing which needs to be adjusted. It can't tune the ignition, which is very important. The only reason a piggyback useful is if it was necessary to keep the stock ecu, which in your case you don't.

Get a chipped ecu, and get it tuned.

Comment

i was runnning a SAFC and stock ecu with my turbo setup. a PITA to get it to run right. when it did it was fine. i just needed time with the controller to get familiar with it. i whiched to a chipped ecu and had no problems at all

Comment

I had a VAFC hooked up to my stock PT3 ECU (yeah yeah).

It was neat to monitor the engine parameters though...it was definitely more for the show factor than anything.

I pulled about 10% fuel out across the range at the end and while I didn't really notice any difference in the car, my friends said I tended not to blow quite as much black smoke on the highway under load. Is that b/c of the VAFC...who knows.

I was eventually going to use it to play around with the A6 manifold dual runners, but I never got there.

Comment

Working...
          X