Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another crank pulley bolt thread...

k, WTF

broken a Craftsman ratchet and a Husky ratchet, bent a solid breaker bar.

i don't see how owning the tool will make a difference. I have the crank solid, not turning.

is the torch method ok?

what should I try next?

They don't seem to make good breaker bars anymore. I have an old heavy duty one with a 1/2" or maybe it's a 1" drive. Impossible to break it, even when using a pipe on it.

Other than that, I hear that an impact gun will work.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
      Other than that, I hear that an impact gun will work.
      Best shot, you might need to heat it up.
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        Best shot, you might need to heat it up.
        I have an impact gun... which makes no impact (pun intended)

my compressor only does 125psi, tool runs at 90psi, and it's cheap shit.

so, a torch, then some ice? do i torch it hot, then touch the ice cube directly to the bolt?

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa View Post
          I have an impact gun... which makes no impact (pun intended)

my compressor only does 125psi, tool runs at 90psi, and it's cheap shit.

so, a torch, then some ice? do i torch it hot, then touch the ice cube directly to the bolt?
          No you just get it hot then wiz it off with the impact.
          wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
            No you just get it hot then wiz it off with the impact.
            k, im just worried the bolt is extremely flammable, after all the pb blaster and wd-40 i've sprayed on it.

Comment

mine needed to be tightened a bit before it came loose.

Mapp gas produces a flame temperature of 5301° F (2927° C) and 2405 Btus. Making it a good choice when a hotter flame is neded for example breaking a rust bond on a pipe or a large plumbing repair that is at leat 2”.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

get a 3/4" breaker bar. I use my mac tools 1/2" impact which does 1300lbs of tq at 80psi. zipps it off after about 3 seconds.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

You can put some heat to it but not too long. I believe that area is aluminum and you dont wat to damage anything on that timing side. WD flames will wear off quick
                  FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                  Pm meX
                  I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                  H22A Swap
                  I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

STILL NO LUCK

tried heating it with a butane torch, then using a ghetto breaker, which has already broken 4 ratchets.

currently using a 4-way tire-iron (3/4 19mm side). cant get very good leverage with it though.

WTF do I do??? engine is on a stand, not in the car, so taking it to a shop is not an option.

Comment

See I bet that's part of ur problem...the fact that its on the stand..and not on a car..were u can go "apeshit on"

Does that engine stand have a lock? That prevents things from moving? I know some do and some don't..

Anyway..

Try tapping the bolt with an extension

Meaning put the extension with a slightly smaller socket(so it doesn't cup the bolt rather stays just over the top of it)

And give it some good smacks with a hammer..see if it loosens any locktite that bolt might have already seen..then with the impact do pulsations..loosen...tighten..loosen..tighten..etc .. See if that helps u out any.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

you need to invest in a better impact gun. something with at least 500lbs of tq. I have a 1/2 inch craftman pro rated @ 800lbs @ 90psi. pretty penny though. use an impact hammer on the top of the bolt. (it would try to break the locktite or rust whatever it is) then just use your hand tools again and try it again.
                        either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Working...
                        X