cars leaking collant everywhere please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cars leaking collant everywhere please help

so i get out of the car after school, and i hear like liquid hitting the group , and there i bend down and see a hugde puddle of collant leaking down onto the tranny , then the ground. what could this be? why is it leaking like this?

i dont think its the engine anyhting otherwise why wud it be leaking outside?

Comment

Have you looked at your coolant houses? One might be torn.
      3 CB's gone....
      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Trace it back to the source. There are only so many places it can come from. Its up to you to find out whats leaking.

Comment

if it's leaking onto your tranny, sounds like it's coming from the thermostat area. Check your radiator hose where it connects to the thermostat housing. Make sure there are no tears or cracks in the hose, and that the hose clamp is tight. Make sure the 12mm bleeder screw is tight. Make sure the thermostat gasket isn't shot.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

If its coming off the trans then I would replace every single heater hose back there. I had a problem with losing coolant last winter and I went to pinch one of my heater hoses and my finger went through it.

Comment

ok yes i will tomrow and report back, but i hope its ok , i need it to last me untill i have enough for the h22

Comment

You are clueless about a water leak but you are saving up for an H22? You have alot yet to learn my young grass hopper. For now you might want to stick to that good old F-series and replace those hoses.

Comment

lol yess master : )

Comment

Below and slightly behind the distributor (where it's hard to see...) is a heater hose that passes from this point to the heater valve near the firewall. This hose commonly gets oil dripped on it from a leaking distributor O ring seal. Over time this oil is absorbed by the hose rubber which causes the rubber to degrade, and eventually to fail at the engine end of the hose...
                    Regards from Oz,
                    John.

Comment

Do the following:

1. Replace all hoses (only god knows how old them hoses are)
                      2. Drain and fill radiator
                      3. Start and idle engine for 15 mins, then shut off
                      4. Check for leaks

that's what i did. and now i gotta go buy me a new condensor, since mines finally popped after not using the ac for 3 years straight. =D

Comment

its coming from some hose i think way undeer everything im taking it to the shop tmrow

Comment

Originally posted by 91accorddxbuds View Post
                          its coming from some hose i think way undeer everything im taking it to the shop tmrow
                          the first hose that leaked on my F22 was right when i did my headgasket replacement at 172k, it was this horseshoe shaped one way in the back. A bitch to do since its way back there under everything.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

if it's coming from a hose, then you really need to be fixing this yourself. all you do is undo a couple of screws, take off the old hose. cut a new hose from autozone or where ever, put it on there, redo the screws. done. a shop is gonna charge you insane labor fees for a fix that you could do yourself for less than $10 and in less than 5 minutes mangus =)
                            96 mx-6, needs work...
                            91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

Originally posted by nope View Post
                              if it's coming from a hose, then you really need to be fixing this yourself. all you do is undo a couple of screws, take off the old hose. cut a new hose from autozone or where ever, put it on there, redo the screws. done. a shop is gonna charge you insane labor fees for a fix that you could do yourself for less than $10 and in less than 5 minutes mangus =)
                              x2. Never mess with a shop unless you absolutely dont know what you are doing, but in this case its a very easy fix.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                              New people click here

Comment

Working...
                              X