Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How 2 Activate Butterflies? Vacumm Leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How 2 Activate Butterflies? Vacumm Leak?

92 f22a1 5spd

1. So, I did an a6/h23 swap a while ago. However, I do not recall hooking up the hardness on the butterfly solenoid. What must I do in order to activate my butteries?

2. About three weeks ago I finally swapped in an a6 cam shaft. A week later I swapped in an f22b2 tranny. Three days later, I noticed a slight erratic idle. RPM started to jump from 1ish to 2,000 rpm. So, I thought for sure that it was the fitv. I then took apart the throttle body and screwed the seat back in. But NOPE! That didn't solve it. I swapped out the map, TPS, IVC, EGR, plugs, wires, dizzy. Again, Nothing worked. Now the thing goes from 1.5 to 3 grand (up and down).http://www.cb7tuner.com/Pissed.gif
    Going back to the a6 cam swap: I switch valve lifters with an f22b2 motor because I didn't have time to put my lifters back together. I also haven't made any adjustments to the valve clearance. http://www.cb7tuner.com/confused.gif

Next move: Check valve clearance and compression test.

Please help. Any suggestions or questions will do. ASAP... Thanks
    91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

checked for a vacuum leak yet? Also is the a cel on?

Comment

Is it doing anything like this: YouTube link I made that video and diagnosed it to a bad FITV.
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by judonoh View Post
        checked for a vacuum leak yet? Also is the a cel on?
        As far as leak goes, I sprayed carb cleaner around the intake mani, vac lines, and anything else that is involved with the intake system. No sign of leakage. I also blocked off the throttle body and removed all the vac lines and plugged them up. Still, nothing. And as for the CEL, I think there is some electrical issue which isn't throwing anything at all. Even when the key is turned on (engine off) none of the light indicators come on, not even the check engine light.
        91-accord

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
          Is it doing anything like this: YouTube link I made that video and diagnosed it to a bad FITV.
          the issue isn't like that one. but thanks for the video. i'll try to get a video going.
          91-accord

Comment

well how do you have the vaccum routed for the butterflies???? is the idle jumping up and down or just staying at 2grand????

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7 View Post
              well how do you?? have the vaccum routed for the butterflies???? is the idle jumping up and down or just staying at 2grand????
              The rpm is jumping up and down. The thing with the butterfly is that the solenoid that is attached to the black box under the runners isn't connected or hooked up anywhere. Any clue on where it goes???
              91-accord

Comment

help??
                91-accord

Comment

Have you tried to hook it up to straight vacuum (bypassing the black box) on the plenum and see if that helps with the issue?

Here is a diagram of the A6 Manifold. The Black box is #24

Last edited by Father Time; 09-29-2009, 11:52 PM.
                  3 CB's gone....
                  1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91-accord View Post
                    Going back to the a6 cam swap: I switch valve lifters with an f22b2 motor because I didn't have time to put my lifters back together. I also haven't made any adjustments to the valve clearance.
                    You swapped cams, but diddn't do a valve clearance adjustment?
                    Do that first before anything else.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

for the butterfly valves, make sure the ECU isnt fried in that area before you add the wires

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                        Have you tried to hook it up to straight vacuum (bypassing the black box) on the plenum and see if that helps with the issue?

Here is a diagram of the A6 Manifold. The Black box is #24

are you saying that I don't need to hookup the electrical hardness onto #23? well, I guess that makes sense, but would it be okay to run it that way permanently if it works out?

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                        for the butterfly valves, make sure the ECU isnt fried in that area before you add the wires
                        If I did add the wires, would it run from the solenoid all the way to the ecu hardness?

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                        You swapped cams, but diddn't do a valve clearance adjustment?
                        Do that first before anything else.
                        yea, I know. But I figure the adjustments aren't way off anyway. however, I did check the compression, and each cylinder gave out 160 psi + / - 1 psi. Therefore, the valves should be closing all the way, but either way I'll check and adjust the valve clearance tomorrow.

New discovery!!!

I unplugged all of the injector hardness, and all but number 1 didn't show any sign of activity. I even switched 1 with 4's location and still no difference in cylinder one. So, I then turned the key ignition to on and checked for power/continuity in the # 1 injector hardness. Both wires had power/continuity. I didn't have time to check the other ones, but is this normal or is there a shortage somewhere?

Is a failed injector a possible cause of an erratic (jumpy) idle?

ur thoughts and suggestions are highly welcome. Thanks!
                        Last edited by evil_demon_01; 10-01-2009, 01:02 AM.
                        91-accord

Comment

are you saying that I don't need to hookup the electrical hardness onto #23? well, I guess that makes sense, but would it be okay to run it that way permanently if it works out?
                          I completely bypassed the black box altogether.

Here is a picture:

Green to green (nipple on back of plenum to top nipple on side of plenum)
                          Red to red (second nipple on side of plenum to diaphragm)

That is how I have my vacuum lines hooked up. I did it this way because the black box that came with my old F22B DOHC was broken. I ran this for 2 years with no issues.

3 CB's gone....
                          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

yea, I know. But I figure the adjustments aren't way off anyway. however, I did check the compression, and each cylinder gave out 160 psi + / - 1 psi. Therefore, the valves should be closing all the way, but either way I'll check and adjust the valve clearance tomorrow.
                            Yes they will be way off.
                            Even swaping a cam from the same series of engine will be off.

Compression test isn't how you check valves, for that you need to do a cylinder leak down test.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

[QUOTE=evil_demon_01;2235357]Yes they will be way off.
                              Even swaping a cam from the same series of engine will be off.

Compression test isn't how you check valves, for that you need to do a cylinder leak down test.[/QUOT

leak down? I'll look into it. Thanks again.
                              91-accord

Comment

Working...
                              X