Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make horn sound with unlocking and locking doors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make horn sound with unlocking and locking doors?

Ok, I have a aftermarket remote starter on my car, It unlocks and locks the doors and starts the car of course. I was wondering is there a way I can make he horn sound when locking and unlocking my doors???

y would u get a remote start w/o getting an actual alarm. if u had an alarm that went off if someone was effing with your car then u could just splice in the wire to the horn. since your doors unlock when u do it u could splice in one of the door unlock positives to the horn on the steering wheel that might work. ( just an idea )
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
      y would u get a remote start w/o getting an actual alarm. if u had an alarm that went off if someone was effing with your car then u could just splice in the wire to the horn. since your doors unlock when u do it u could splice in one of the door unlock positives to the horn on the steering wheel that might work. ( just an idea )
      I mean hell it came that way 45 bucks cudnt beat it, but which wire is + wire for the horn in the steering column?

Comment

You'll want to install a relay that's triggered by the lock/unlock signal from the keyless entry controller. If you just wire the horn to the controller, you'll either have it not work, or it will burn out due to the amount of amperage required to blow the horn in addition to actuating the locks.

Comment

Didnt it come with instructions....?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

most aftermarket systems have a horn output wire. Yours should. There is no + horn wire at the steering column, and usually horn output wires are - anyway. The - horn wire in my car was in the yellow loomed 4 pin harness above the steering column. If you don't have an airbag, it probably runs with the ignition wires. White/blue or Lt. green/blue I think. If your horn output is +, you'll need to wire in a relay to send a ground signal. Only problem with doing this is that it'll be a high current ground and your horn will honk full blast. That's why you usually have a low current ground signal from the keyless module, it'll be a soft honk.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
              most aftermarket systems have a horn output wire. Yours should. There is no + horn wire at the steering column, and usually horn output wires are - anyway. The - horn wire in my car was in the yellow loomed 4 pin harness above the steering column. If you don't have an airbag, it probably runs with the ignition wires. White/blue or Lt. green/blue I think. If your horn output is +, you'll need to wire in a relay to send a ground signal. Only problem with doing this is that it'll be a high current ground and your horn will honk full blast. That's why you usually have a low current ground signal from the keyless module, it'll be a soft honk.
              Do you think there is somewhere I could go to so that i can find the exact color for my horn - output?

Comment

also i cant seem to find a set of yellow loomed wire that is 4 pin I removed my steering cover behind the steering wheel i also looked under the footwell. What i did find was a 3 prong connector that contains:

lightgreen/black wire

blue/red wire

light green/black wire

when I unplug this my horn stops working

so now I guess I need to find out which one of these wires go to the horn

Comment

Working...
                X