Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you can tell alot thru a spark plug, right ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
    yeah. VTEC is kinda like boost. you'll get better mileage if you stay out of it. lol.
    yeah, i'm afraid if i dont use it, it won't be there when i need it haha. I'll try a tank not getting in VTEC and see the difference it makes.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I know it will be temping, but try not to hit it at all on the tank of gas. I know I will cuase the sound of vtec will just taunt me... mmmmmBAAHHHH !

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
        yeah, i'm afraid if i dont use it, it won't be there when i need it haha. I'll try a tank not getting in VTEC and see the difference it makes.
        Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
        I know it will be temping, but try not to hit it at all on the tank of gas. I know I will cuase the sound of vtec will just taunt me... mmmmmBAAHHHH !
        dag......300+miles of not hitting VTEC.......i SERIOUSLY doubt you'll be able to do that homie. someone WILL run up on you and you'll want to run them. lol

Comment

That's like driving with a disabled motor, not reving past 5k ! *shudders*

Comment

LOL, when I want the best mileage, I try to keep it under 4900->where the IAB's open and extra fuel is injected. Want really good mileage though, shift at 3000 and keep highway speeds under 75.

It does look like an oil soaked plug though....likely a valve seal.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
              LOL, when I want the best mileage, I try to keep it under 4900->where the IAB's open and extra fuel is injected. Want really good mileage though, shift at 3000 and keep highway speeds under 75.

It does look like an oil soaked plug though....likely a valve seal.
              Is it on all the spark plugs? And does it look to bad? I do think I'm do for a head rebuilt. Which I do have a spare at home

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                dag......300+miles of not hitting VTEC.......i SERIOUSLY doubt you'll be able to do that homie. someone WILL run up on you and you'll want to run them. lol
                I always try to tell myself to stay out of VTEC so I can observe the difference it makes in mpg, but I always fail; it's just so hard not to hit VTEC!

I'll be changing my plugs and wires this weekend hopefully, so I'm curious as to what my plugs will look like...
                As they say, "expect the worst and hope for the best!"
                1992 H22A4 Coupe - R.I.P.

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.
                _____________H22A4CB7. minorreparations. PR CB7. plee3. Bisimoto Engineering.

Sold to: LadyG. sulimed. choppacity. choogee3.

Comment

Originally posted by SE_DynamiK View Post
                  I always try to tell myself to stay out of VTEC so I can observe the difference it makes in mpg, but I always fail; it's just so hard not to hit VTEC!

I'll be changing my plugs and wires this weekend hopefully, so I'm curious as to what my plugs will look like...
                  As they say, "expect the worst and hope for the best!"
                  tell me about it. my alternator over charges when i go above 6k rpms.... so i have to tickle VTEC every once and a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                    tell me about it. my alternator over charges when i go above 6k rpms.... so i have to tickle VTEC every once and a while.
                    your alternator doesnt regulate?
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      your alternator doesnt regulate?
                      REGULATORS, Mount up!
                      wat?

Comment

Working...
                      X