A/c delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/c delete

I'm plannin on totally deleting the a/c and all the components that it consists of. I know I can get rid of the condensor, accumulator and compressor but what all else is there besides the lines? What size belt would I have to run after taking out the compressor? Also I want to keep the heat, just to put that out there. If anyone has asked or someone's made a DIY How To thread please post a link to the thread. Thanks in advance!
    We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
    Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Originally posted by dbales View Post
    I'm plannin on totally deleting the a/c and all the components that it consists of. I know I can get rid of the condensor, accumulator and compressor but what all else is there besides the lines? What size belt would I have to run after taking out the compressor? Also I want to keep the heat, just to put that out there. If anyone has asked or someone's made a DIY How To thread please post a link to the thread. Thanks in advance!
    ur going to have constant heat just so u know. um as far as the belt take a string and go around the crank pulley and up and around the alt pulley and then measure it.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Go to your local dealer and buy a belt from a 1990 DX Sedan with no A/C
      There is also a factory A/C line plug grommet that goes in the firewall
      Your man for wiring solutions!
      CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
      CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
        ur going to have constant heat just so u know. um as far as the belt take a string and go around the crank pulley and up and around the alt pulley and then measure it.
        Good deal, I didn't think about using a string and its always got heat, so I already knew that. Thanks.

Any more input into this would be greatly appreciated. Wanna get all the advice I can before tearing into it.
        We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
        Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

Real talk

Its a great ideal if you looking for a sexy clean engine bay i went ahead and took out every thing looks amazing it took me two days my project cb should be ready by april 2010 thanks to you guys
          " its just a single cam "

Comment

What do you mean by constant heat? By deleting the a/c, this causes your heat to always be on?
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
              What do you mean by constant heat? By deleting the a/c, this causes your heat to always be on?
              sadly yes
              miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Not to TJ but I would also like to do this so this is just a little bump for any other advice.

^^^^^
                Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

sadly yes
                  False, this "always heat" is caused by unadjusted heater valve control wires.
                  You can just go under the hood and push the heater valve completly closed.
                  Problem solved
                  Your man for wiring solutions!
                  CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                  CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
                    False, this "always heat" is caused by unadjusted heater valve control wires.
                    You can just go under the hood and push the heater valve completly closed.
                    Problem solved
                    Ok, I figured there was a way around it. I've never heard anyone complain about that, so it didn't make sense to me that everyone was just rolling around in the summer with their heat on by default.

Comment

i deleted my a/c in my car and my temp control knob still works isn't that what

controls the heater valve to adjust. why would this become unadjusted when

removing a/c
                      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
                        i deleted my a/c in my car and my temp control knob still works isn't that what

controls the heater valve to adjust. why would this become unadjusted when

removing a/c
                        That's exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

really you have constant heat with the a/c delete
                          R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                            really you have constant heat with the a/c delete
                            my car did. i had the knob on cold and fan on full blast. and it was hot air
                            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

^^no shit. its not gonna blow cold when u remove the ac

Comment

Working...
                              X