Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by porter351 View Post
    ^^no shit. its not gonna blow cold when u remove the ac
    yea cus basically ur removing air from outside, going through the heater core and then through the car. its just constant hot. unless ur valve works, then ull have hot air until the heater core cools down
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
      my car did. i had the knob on cold and fan on full blast. and it was hot air
      i wouldn't consider this having the heat on always because when u adjust the

knob to have heat then the temp goes up significantly. essentially when it

is at the coldest you are getting outside temp from the engine bay (i believe, i

could be wrong though). telling people that the heat is always on is kinda

misinforming
      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

I wish there was a facepalm smilely lol
        No...the heater valve on almost 99% of our CB's today is worn out and the cable that runs from the knob to the valve is un-adjusted.
        The cable is held by a screw with some teeth that clamp the cable to the climate control.
        Years go by, this cable slides slowly...nothing hard to grasp.

Easy to fix though, just crank it to cold, pop the hood, fully close the heater valve.
        My A/C gets ALOT colder once I close the heater valve all the way.
        I've had 3 other accords do this aslwell, and fixed a few other A/C related problems with this.

Also the outside air is picked up where the windshield wiper cover is, so I guess it can pick up hot engine air
        Your man for wiring solutions!
        CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
        CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

like they said, as long as your heater valve works it should just blow ambient temperature air at the coldest. as for other components, there is an extention to your driver's side wiring loom that can come out when you pull a/c. it is the harness connected to the two rubber-covered relays, just un-bolt those then pull out everything up to the connector. with that, you can pull out the driver's side radiator fan as well since it is connected with that harness.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

i had my car without ac for a few years....it sucks in the summer and when it rains....so i reinstalled my ac this past year. you may want to consider rain guards so you can have cool air coming through your can when it rains

Comment

thanks for all the replies, suggestions, and advice. will definately come into use when i go to pull everything out.
              We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
              Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

Working...
              X