PS fluid WTF??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS fluid WTF??

drained my PS, then topped off with Honda PS fluid, bled system by jacking up front of car, while idling turn steering wheel to the right/left w/o hitting the bump stop at the end of each turn. turn off car, check on fluid level and this is what i get. any suggestion on why this is occurring?

Does your cap have any holes/cuts in it?

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

happened to a car I was working on at work once. it was because there was too much fluid in the system. Could be your problem... Make sure you don't add any fluid while it's running. Work all the air out of the system and only add when the engine is off. Maybe that'll work better?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

This will happen if the car isnt running. If you turn the wheel it pushes the power steering fluid out of the rack but it cant suck anymore in because the pump isnt going. This happend to me like crazy when i was putting my struts in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          This will happen if the car isnt running. If you turn the wheel it pushes the power steering fluid out of the rack but it cant suck anymore in because the pump isnt going. This happend to me like crazy when i was putting my struts in.
          x2 happed to me aswell. its prob that or you did or fill it a bit much.

Comment

Air in the pump causing it to foam up, or there is a leak somewhere sucking air in.
            Let it settle (till the bubbles disappear) then check the level.
            Start the car for a few seconds (without turning the wheel) then recheck the level.
            Top it up if necessary, then turn the wheel to work all the air out of the system.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

after draining, i think that i just filled up a little too much, and the air bubbles just need to be pushed out. while idling it bubbled up a little, then as soon as i turned the engine off, the bubbles/foam surged up over the reservoir, this only happened about 3 times, but now it stopped surging over the reservoir.

this didnt happen before so i know for sure that i didnt have a leak in a hose.

thanks for the input everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X