no power to my head lights or high beams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no power to my head lights or high beams

i had my hid in they are 8k ok now all of a sudden my head lights dont work or my high beams check my fuses they are good BUT there is no power going to the head light fuse ummmm......... fishy so i have no clue what it is could it be my light relay or dimmer relay

are the bulbs good?
    AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
    JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

You probably bought the 55watt ballast and didn't buy a relay and fried your harness for your headlights.

MRT

Comment

This is gonna sound odd.. The input for your HIDS (the plug that hooks into the stock wiring harness) turn it around and plug it in backwards.. HID sets are wired opposite of our stock wiring.
        -Will

Comment

Originally posted by daovangphotos View Post
          You probably bought the 55watt ballast and didn't buy a relay and fried your harness for your headlights.
          see i did not kno that you had to buy a relay for the hids and to tell you the truth that might sound correct and if my harness is fried what can i do for head lights i cant drive my car at night now just to and from work lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
            This is gonna sound odd.. The input for your HIDS (the plug that hooks into the stock wiring harness) turn it around and plug it in backwards.. HID sets are wired opposite of our stock wiring.
            ya i heard about that but ill try that too

Comment

Most likely you burned out the back of the fuse panel (interior). Your going to have to do trouble shoot from the headlight column switch to the fuse panel to the bulb plugs.

Just to help always run a relay/harness for anything not stock.

I have one for every light: low beam hids, hid fogs, rear fog light. Relay and harness for each light.

Saves the life of any stock harness.

Comment

and you kno whats funny i was smelling something burning too well im not going to go threw all that trouble im going to take my h out and everything else i want off and junk the car
                Last edited by justin'saccord; 10-07-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

do you think i can hard wire my lights to the fuse box

Comment

Working...
                  X