No announcement yet.

93 cb7 ca smog failed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Mississippi have smog? I bet the cat on the car is the OG cat from honda motors. Where in the hell can I get a cheap online cat, free shipping of course?
    Anyone?

Comment

I'm not sure what those smog numbers mean, but don't run too much alcohol through your car. When I suggested that it was sort of a one time thing. It eats away at the rubber bits and what not. I only do it once a year. You need a "3 stage" cat. I think that's what it's called. It's a special one for California.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by laloquera View Post
        Does Mississippi have smog? I bet the cat on the car is the OG cat from honda motors. Where in the hell can I get a cheap online cat, free shipping of course?
        Anyone?
        http://banditexhaust.com/catalog/dir...b6ef54el21dk20
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Dang! I said cheap. Never heard of a three stage cat. Ive heard universal cats are cheaper than oem.

Comment

Usually when one gets better, the other goes up. Y u have timing advanced, if any at 14 degrees.
            The beginning of a new era............................
            165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
            184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by laloquera View Post
              Dang! I said cheap. Never heard of a three stage cat. Ive heard universal cats are cheaper than oem.
              good luck trying to find anyone to ship a 48 state cat to cali.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...%26+Drivetrain

weld away! cheaper.. but not going to be as "clean" as others
                -:¦:-
                Originally posted by wed3k
                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

It passed, blew an 7 on the NOX. Got a universal cat for abou $150. Fucken paid overall $300.00. California emissions sucks ass! Some one should do a write on DIY smog emissions.

Comment

why? then smog technicians would be out of a job. i make good money failing cars.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      why? then smog technicians would be out of a job. i make good money failing cars.
                      Yeah but u don't on purpose. And smog techs still help them to pass. I think writing a diy can b kool. Besides, not all cars blow the same out the tail pipe. I'm a tech, not a smog tech. And I have people working on their cars all the time without bringing it to me and usually I get to clean up others mess and I make money at the end and reputation too. A humble technician always win at the end. That works even on diagnosing cars. Although at times I get hot headed and don't listen to myself. Lol. Wed3k, us techs always will face the fact that "we diagnose, and they will fix themselves" most of the time. Why, because their mechanic can do it for them after we have found the problem. Plain and simple. Because that's how it works at the dealerhips nowadays. I should know, I only work for Honda. Everyones uncle knows how to work on them. Lol

To the OP. Congrats.
                      The beginning of a new era............................
                      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

meh, someone else can help write it. rememebr there's two speed idle and ASM (loaded) tests which can be good with a low comp cylinder or worn out motor.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Just a quick little add on; Top gear did an episode on emissions. Through the use of some specialized things they brought the emissions of an LR3 down to NOTHING. They routed the tailpipes into a mini green house filled with chemicals. Unfortunately it would only last about 6 miles. To you California techs: If somebody were to implement this on their car, would it pass? The chemicals would wear off shortly after your passing grade.
                          MRT
                          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                          Originally posted by Tippey764
                          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

everything has to be factory and there cant be any addition of catalyst(s). so you also cant bring in a honda with two cats in line.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                            X