No heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No heat

I had an issue earlier with my car's fluctuating engine temp.

I have replaced the thermostat and completely flushed the radiator and cooling system and used Prestone radiator flush in it.

Still, I have absolutely no heat and my HVAC controls do work, however it just blows cool air no matter what temp setting it's on.

I am beginning to suspect it is my heater core or something related within there.

My upper hose gets pressurized, but the lower one doesn't always pressurize. My electric fan kicks on and cycles when needed. My temp gauge is always normal, even with 10+ mins of idling, it does not get hot like it used to.

I'd like to get this fixed, cuz I was pretty damn cold lastnight with no heat in the car.

Discuss.
    Last edited by crazymikey; 08-16-2011, 10:56 AM.

heater core is what i'd say to. make sure that heater core valve is opening and closing.
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

From what I've been reading, sounds like I could do a back flush and see if that helps.

Otherwise, I dont mind ripping apart the dash to replace it.

Comment

Like drew said, check the valve. It is in line with the heater hose where it goes through low on the firewall below the fuel filter. The wire from the heater control just slips over a pin. I believe when the lever is toward the rear, the valve is closed.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

yeah I was going to have a look at that. I peeked at it today, looks like it could just be dirty and seized.

Comment

The valve on mine was stuck but in the opposite position. When I turned on the heat, the heat was about 500°F. JK .okay maybe 100°F. But the air conditioner wouldn't, blow cold air. Its a easy quick thing to check.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Did you bother to check to make sure that you have enough coolant in the system. Remember the heater-core works off of coolant to a certain degree if you dont have enough coolant from the heatercore to draaw heat from it wont blow the hot air.

Comment

i'd bet my dick it's just your valve in the engine bay. it's fucked up on 3 of my cars and on the one i drive now, i just swap it manually and wait until the weather change
                ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Yup, turns out it was just the valve. It was stuck closed and I moved it by hand and all of a sudden I had nice warm heat in the car.

My HVAC control cable was also binding a little bit, so I took that all apart and everything works perfectly now!

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    Yup, turns out it was just the valve. It was stuck closed and I moved it by hand and all of a sudden I had nice warm heat in the car.

My HVAC control cable was also binding a little bit, so I took that all apart and everything works perfectly now!
                    Do you have a pic of the valve by chance my car was doing the same thing and ive done everything but check this valve.
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177927 <MY BUILD PROGReSS
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    it won't be because cb7tuner told him to! It'll be because it's time to feed the trouser snake...

Comment

Originally posted by I-Deal214 View Post
                      Do you have a pic of the valve by chance my car was doing the same thing and ive done everything but check this valve.
                      it's right by the firewall, in the engine bay, where the heater core is, (in front of the passenger side literally against the firewall)

it's controlled by a wire cable that will sometimes hang up/break and it's like a lever that you can move to one side for heat and the other side to stop circulation through the heater core

just opens/closes that part of the loop
                      ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Find your thermostat (under the intake tube) and follow the hose back towards the firewall. You'll see a valve looking deely with a cable attached to it. You should be able to pull/push on it by hand to move it.

When it is pushed towards the firewall, it is on the cool setting, and when pulled towards the front, it is on the heat setting.

Also, go inside the car and remove your dash trim and radio. Behind the radio, on the bottom right side by the heater core, you will see a little white plastic triangular piece with a cable and a ball that slides back and forth in the white plastic piece. This works in conjunction with the valve in the engine bay and with your temperature setting on your heater control on the dash. There is a chance the cable may be binding, or your heater control on the dash is out of whack and the gears may be stripped or just misaligned.

Comment

sweet thanks guys
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177927 <MY BUILD PROGReSS
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          it won't be because cb7tuner told him to! It'll be because it's time to feed the trouser snake...

Comment

My valve works, still no heat. Bad heater core?

Contact me for custom vinyl stickers: StickyFingasCustoms@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                            X