No announcement yet.

Compiling a List of PT3's & PT6's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The original PT3 out of my 1990 DX coupe.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Another month has passed since the last update to this thread, anyone else want to help contribute?
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

CB3 92 Accord EX F20A5 NZDM

PT5-F02

Last edited by evil_demon_01; 03-17-2012, 01:19 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

^^ Your information has been added to the thread, thank you for contributing! It may not have been a pt3 or pt6 but it definately is useful information, if more of this site's non us-resident members could post up it would help.

Its been a month since the last update to this thread. Anyone else want to donote some information? Don't forget theres +rep for anyone who would like to contribute.

Comment

cloudasc,

I'm just curious about the photos. Are you getting all the info you want from the photos in this thread?

Is there any area of the circuit board that's more important than others to focus on?
            90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

There are multiple parts of the boards that I visually compare (for pt3's & pt6's), for example the area to the right of the cpu thats labeled 0-9, 32, 33, etc. I don't really need close up scans or anything, just visually clear enough I can see what spots on the board are blank, and what aren't. 32 appears to be for pt3's, 33 is for pt6's. For the 0-9 spots, I've seen boards that have no jumper wires, some have it on 0, 1, or 4 that I've seen so far.

Since I'm unsure of what those locations are for, I ordered a 10 pole dip switch, that I will be adding to my pt3 when I chop it up for development purposes. Maybe a picture or two would help.

Another example, R56 is the resistor location for manuals, R54 is for Automatics, R57 only appears on PT6's, and not all of them either. (4.7k ohm 1/8watt resistors) I've also seen pictures of an ecu that have resistors on both R54 & R56. The part of the area marked D13 is the IAB component location. To the left of where it says IC10, those are all the components in that grouping that are for controlling an automatic.
              Last edited by cloudasc; 04-25-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

California Represents!

With a PT6-L51 - Automatic with California emissions.

Try deciphering this one cloudasc.

It has special circuitry to save the Earth, protect the Whales, disable your handgun and make you Loooooove your neighbor (under the threat of severe penalty up to and / or including life-in-prison and public shaming). All easily disabled at the whim of your betters (CA politicians) should they get a better deal.

Comment

^^ Do you know what year car, whether it was a sedan, coupe or wagon? Ex/Se? that you salvaged that ecu from?

Everything else is consistent with what I've outlined, but the jumper wire on #6... very interesting... I still don't know what it means.

Thats why I got the DIP switches, as I plan on testing any and all rom's I have available eventually.

I've seen a couple pictures of California Emission ecu's, I have a L52 in my cb7 right now as part of my a6 conversion, found it in a junkyard here in Houston, TX out of a 92 EX 4dr.

I wish I could get my hands on another cali automatic ecu to pull the prom off, as I don't have any intentions of butchering my L52 at this time. Finding a Manual Cali ecu to do the same to would be awsome. I also haven't seen a picture yet of one either.

Comment

I'm >>thinking<< I pulled it from a 93 EX Anniversary model that I pulled a brake set up off of.

I'll check and see if I can find any notes, but this happened a year or more ago.

I have a factory installed ECU from my 90 EX, California, 5speed, that I will post if I can ever get an ECU to replace it with. (I've bought two ECUs now that were the wrong ones for my A6 CA-emissions mod).

Comment

^^ Oooo... pictures of cali pt3's would be sweet too! I haven't seen any of them yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X