Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EsperHamid View Post
    DJ_Ender opinion ??
    The rocker assembly should sit flush with the head everywhere, if it's not, something isn't lined up right. And you're correct about the only ways for oil to get into the plug tubes.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      The rocker assembly should sit flush with the head everywhere, if it's not, something isn't lined up right. And you're correct about the only ways for oil to get into the plug tubes.
      I see what you mean, everything look flush from the outside, just the inside of the spark plugs tube is a little offset, here's an pic:
      Last edited by EsperHamid; 09-07-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

How far can I clean the EGR Mount ?! already cleaned the EGR Valve ... will I be able to reach the passages and destroy the carbon in them from the EGR holes ?! where do they lead ?! should I clean them with carb cleaner ??

No that's not the surface of the moon:

Comment

update ( a BAD one ):

1) so I finished cleaning the EGR Valve

2) removed the cam cage again and made sure this time it sat flush as advised by Dj_Ender.

3) put the head cover with a new head cover gasket and tightened the acorn nuts

4) changed the motor oil and oil filter ( Castrol Magnatec )

5) bled the cooling system ( Eric the Car Guy )
          PROBLEM:

so I started the car and the next thing I noticed, engine vibrating like it was going to blow or something ... and notice PLUG WIRE IN CYLINDER #2 POPPING OFF and air coming out and yes I pressed the boots securely still happened again and again with spark sounds ( ticking ) from Cylinder number 2 .. and that's why I am writing this now !!! :-( <== I wanted to go for a ride after all this work in the thread but no Luck :-(

the other plug wires seemed fine, I went and bought a new OEM set of plug wires to see if that solves the problem, installed them still no luck !!! plug wire #2 popping off

I am really upset and confused right now.

1) I released the acorn nuts 2 complete turns still the engine vibrates and air comes out of cylinder number 2 .... also noticed that oil appeared on the borders of the cover gasket ... so I re-tightened the acorn nuts again so oil doesn't sip out. confusing !!

2) spark plug tubes had no oil in them anymore but I noticed that plug wire in cylinder number 2 formed a white dust ( ash grey color )on its boots.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I FEEL IT IS SOMETHING BAD !! REALLY CONFUSED !!
          Last edited by EsperHamid; 09-13-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

update ( a BAD one ):

1) so I finished cleaning the EGR Valve

2) removed the cam cage again and made sure this time it sat flush as advised by Dj_Ender.

3) put the head cover with a new head cover gasket and tightened the acorn nuts

4) changed the motor oil and oil filter ( Castrol Magnatec )

5) bled the cooling system ( Eric the Car Guy )
            PROBLEM:

so I started the car and the next thing I noticed, engine vibrating like it was going to blow or something ... and notice PLUG WIRE IN CYLINDER #2 POPPING OFF and air coming out and yes I pressed the boots securely still happened again and again with spark sounds ( ticking ) from Cylinder number 2 .. and that's why I am writing this now !!! :-( <== I wanted to go for a ride after all this work in the thread but no Luck :-(

the other plug wires seemed fine, I went and bought a new OEM set of plug wires to see if that solves the problem, installed them still no luck !!! plug wire #2 popping off

I am really upset and confused right now.

1) I released the acorn nuts 2 complete turns still the engine vibrates and air comes out of cylinder number 2 .... also noticed that oil appeared on the borders of the cover gasket ... so I re-tightened the acorn nuts again so oil doesn't sip out. confusing !!

2) spark plug tubes had no oil in them anymore but I noticed that plug wire in cylinder number 2 formed a white dust ( ash grey color )on its boots.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I FEEL IT IS SOMETHING BAD !! REALLY CONFUSED !!
            Calm down, I had the same thing happen to me. Pull the #2 spark plug and inspect it for damage. Grab the metal housing in one hand, and grab the white ceramic part in the other, and twist them. Do they move? If not look for a crack. It sounds like it's broken, that's why there is air pushing the plug wire off.

Like so: http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/...006_131851.mp4
            Last edited by dj_ender; 09-13-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Calm down, I had the same thing happen to me. Pull the #2 spark plug and inspect it for damage. Grab the metal housing in one hand, and grab the white ceramic part in the other, and twist them. Do they move? If not look for a crack. It sounds like it's broken, that's why there is air pushing the plug wire off.

Like so: http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/...006_131851.mp4
              Dear DJ,

You were right, the Spark Plug number 2 Ceramic was twisting, these are newly installed as per owner manual Spark plugs, well due to loosening the acorn nuts I had oil seeping again into the 4 SP tubes so I will have to clean that mess, seals were HONDA genuine and newly installed too.

STORY:

the first time I ran the car I had no problems, so I took it for a ride on the high way, I wasn't able to reach past 100 KM/H since the Fuel Pad started to feel stiffer. When I reached a climbing road ( mountain ) to test how the car would perform .... I started to hear ticking whenever I pressed on the fuel pad, I pulled off and next thing I saw was the Wire plug #2 popping off.

So why did the Plug got loose even though it was one month old only ?! I will replace it now ... take it to a ride .....but if it happens again then what will be the reason !?

Remember I connect back the hose that was cut between the canister and the pipe reaching back to the end of the car ( maybe fuel pipe ) ... knowing that EGR passages are clogged ( haven't done it ) <== is this a possibility or is it not related ?!?!

Comment

Dear DJ,

You were right, the Spark Plug number 2 Ceramic was twisting, these are newly installed as per owner manual Spark plugs, well due to loosening the acorn nuts I had oil seeping again into the 4 SP tubes so I will have to clean that mess, seals were HONDA genuine and newly installed too.

STORY:

the first time I ran the car I had no problems, so I took it for a ride on the high way, I wasn't able to reach past 100 KM/H since the Fuel Pad started to feel stiffer. When I reached a climbing road ( mountain ) to test how the car would perform .... I started to hear ticking whenever I pressed on the fuel pad, I pulled off and next thing I saw was the Wire plug #2 popping off.

So why did the Plug got loose even though it was one month old only ?! I will replace it now ... take it to a ride .....but if it happens again then what will be the reason !?

Remember I connect back the hose that was cut between the canister and the pipe reaching back to the end of the car ( maybe fuel pipe ) ... knowing that EGR passages are clogged ( haven't done it ) <== is this a possibility or is it not related ?!?!

You just got unlucky bud. Plugs break, it happens. Just replace it, if your lucky they are under warranty. I took mine back and got a free replacement.

Comment

You just got unlucky bud. Plugs break, it happens. Just replace it, if your lucky they are under warranty. I took mine back and got a free replacement.
                  So it is just a matter of luck, well I removed all 4 Spark Plugs and they were oilly ( remember acorn nuts ). So When I peeked in the hole, usually when I look at bottom I find liquid ( gas / fuel right? ) now ( first thing in the morning ) it looked dry ?! all 4 of them I guess. that's normal right ?!?

Comment

So it is just a matter of luck, well I removed all 4 Spark Plugs and they were oilly ( remember acorn nuts ). So When I peeked in the hole, usually when I look at bottom I find liquid ( gas / fuel right? ) now ( first thing in the morning ) it looked dry ?! all 4 of them I guess. that's normal right ?!?
                    Did you replace the seals at the top of the spark plug tubes? And are you torquing the acorn nuts to 9ft/lbs or 18in/lbs? If not, that could be why your seeing some oil. Did you clean out the plug ends where they connect to the spark plug? Just use some carb cleaner.

Comment

Did you replace the seals at the top of the spark plug tubes? And are you torquing the acorn nuts to 9ft/lbs or 18in/lbs? If not, that could be why your seeing some oil. Did you clean out the plug ends where they connect to the spark plug? Just use some carb cleaner.
                      yes I already did all these, there was no oil at all first, but the spark plug was broken and the plug wire was popping off like u said, so I asked someone here he told me I should lose the acorn nuts to relieve pressure of the air ( sounded illogical but I was confused then) so I loosened them and then ==> oil got inside the tube ..... before they were completely dry. I shouldn't have loosened the nuts in the first place ... I don't have a clicker torque wrench to check if it is 9ft/lb nut but I torqued them until they were snug.

Comment

yes I already did all these, there was no oil at all first, but the spark plug was broken and the plug wire was popping off like u said, so I asked someone here he told me I should lose the acorn nuts to relieve pressure of the air ( sounded illogical but I was confused then) so I loosened them and then ==> oil got inside the tube ..... before they were completely dry. I shouldn't have loosened the nuts in the first place ... I don't have a clicker torque wrench to check if it is 9ft/lb nut but I torqued them until they were snug.
                        So clean off the plugs and clean the tubes, see if it comes back. If you loosened the acorn nuts and started the car, that is why there is oil in there.

Comment

So clean off the plugs and clean the tubes, see if it comes back. If you loosened the acorn nuts and started the car, that is why there is oil in there.
                          Actually, I am doing that right now, just found some 2 or 3 small rubber debris in spark plug tube #3 ... my lower cam cage seals are newly installed as you know from this thread and checked the valve cover seals they look fine too.

it is unlikely for the lower seals to get slit unless you try to remove them by hand... right ?! I made sure they were probably seated and torquing the cam-cage flush couldn't have slit them nor the valve cover ...right ?! the debris are not sturdy .. still lean ... again they were 2 or 3 small rubber debris .. not a big chunk ....... I am not removing the cam-cage for the 12th time no ooooooooooooo !!!

Comment

Actually, I am doing that right now, just found some 2 or 3 small rubber debris in spark plug tube #3 ... my lower cam cage seals are newly installed as you know from this thread and checked the valve cover seals they look fine too.

it is unlikely for the lower seals to get slit unless you try to remove them by hand... right ?! I made sure they were probably seated and torquing the cam-cage flush couldn't have slit them nor the valve cover ...right ?! the debris are not sturdy .. still lean ... again they were 2 or 3 small rubber debris .. not a big chunk ....... I am not removing the cam-cage for the 12th time no ooooooooooooo !!!
                            pic?

Comment

have you checked your valve lash? you can lose performance if those are overly loose. can a oil catch can your car will thank you for it.
                              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I fix something then I screw up something else out of curiosity :-(

So I replaced the broken spark plug #2, removed the valve cover tightened the acorn nuts again in a proper way, no more leaks inside the tubes. When testing, I realized that when I rev to 5000 RPM in "P", plug wire #1 slightly pop-off but no air coming like my previous problem.....

so I closed the hood and I went for a ride and frankly I could say my MPG has improved by 40% ... I was quite happy ... car would rev 4500 RPM and no plug wires coming off.
                                Why 4500 ?! well because the gas pedal would become stiffer, I can't press on it anymore.

So ... in " P " ==> rev to 5000 RPM ==> PW #1 pop off slightly ==> no compressed air leak.
                                in " D4 " ==> max rev 4500 RPM ==> none pop off
                                5000 RPM what the hell ?! I see people here getting it to past 6000 rpm so the stupid me ..yes me ... layed his prying eyes on the .....well .... yes !! the " throttle cable " ... let's screw up with that .... shall we. !! I couldn't understand the manual HOW-TO

so the result now .... and loud Knocking sound from exhaust valves ( can be heard even on the highway but not as loud as in the city ) of either cylinder 3 or cylinder 4 ...so tomorrow ... again will re-open the valve cover and re-adjust the valves.

also underneath me ( between driver and passenger ), I could hear a lower ticking sound that would disappear @ 3000 RPM in " D4 ".

Now my CB7 will not rev past 3000 RPM ( in D4 ) and will climb an arc bridge with a max of 2500 RPM and 40 KM/H ...... :-(

I hope it isn't a .... BROKEN VALVE ( bent valve ) , let's hope valve adjustment first thing in the morning.
                                is there a DIY on how to properly adjust the throttle cable, I couldn't understand the manual

I was happy ===> I screwed with throttle cable ===> I am not happy ..again.
                                Last edited by EsperHamid; 09-14-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X