Oil leak could use pointers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil leak could use pointers

So as the title states I have an oil leak. It's been leaking for a while now and it's gotten worse after I replaced the valve cover gasket, and the upper and lower spark plug tube seals. I have a really good feeling it's at least leaking from the oil pressure sensor which I have a new one I just need a big enough wrench to take it off. It is coming from the back side of the engine. I just changed my oil today but can not exactly pin point where it is coming from where else could it be leaking from on the back side?

Got a general area? Like back side of motor drivers side near the last cylinder or back side of motor passenger side near transmission?

Comment

You can try snugging up bolts. do 1/4 turn on em, and clean the area where the leak is. carb and choke cleaner works well, as does brake clean for the spaces that are hard to just wipe off.

Make sure to check the PCV valve as well. Excessive blow-by from worn rings will cause more crankcase pressure, and with a bad PCV valve it could be venting poorly and the pressure is blowing oil past the gasket.

Comment

Go to the parts store and buy the dye, and use a blacklight to find it.

If you are not familiar with the process, google it. Its easy.

Step one, add dye to oil.

Step two, drive car

Step three, shine blacklight around looking for reflective dye showing oil leak

Step four, fix leak
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
          Go to the parts store and buy the dye, and use a blacklight to find it.

If you are not familiar with the process, google it. Its easy.

Step one, add dye to oil.

Step two, drive car

Step three, shine blacklight around looking for reflective dye showing oil leak

Step four, fix leak
          That's interesting never seen that stuff..
          Get under your car, Look behind your crank pulley, there is a weep hole at the bottom of the timing cover where oil drains from when your cam and crank seals are leaking.

Comment

thanks guys I will have to look into that dye it seems pretty nice to help source the leak

Comment

Working...
            X