Wobbling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wobbling

i just replaced my passengers side front wheel bearing and hub. now, i know youre supposed to do both at the same time, but im short on money. so, my question now is, when im driving anywhere from 10 to 30 mph, my car wobbles like it has a loose wheel or something. its really bad. the steering wheel also floats at 65ish, which i know is my tie rod. could it be my drivers side front wheel bearing? or something else?

Originally posted by scudweiser
    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Fix your tie rod end first. It may be your problem.

Fix known problems first, then tackle the unknown.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Is the wobble erratic or at an even frequency that follows vehicle speed? If the latter, check for a bent wheel or a tire with broken belts. Easiest at home check is to jack up each wheel and rotate it to see if it spins straight or if the tire bulges or tread doesn't run straight. If erratic, with each wheel off the ground, check for obvious play in the bearings and suspension.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

the wobbling will get faster as i go faster if that makes sense

Comment

I had a wobbling issue above 60 mph. Turned out to be a bad tie rod.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

It's HIGHLY likely that it's related to your alignment, which would point to the tie rod. As mtnbikaah said, fix what you know to be wrong first, then continue searching for the problem if it persists.

Comment

turned out to be my tie rod. thanks guys

Comment

Working...
              X