No announcement yet.

My brakes wont bleed!? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main down side to that tool is that you also need a compressor which alot of people dont have.

All you really need is a bottle with a clear tube going into it.
    Open the bleeder and pump the pedal till air stops coming out of the tube.
    It wont suck air back in when you stop pumping because it will suck fluid back from the bottle.
    Then close the bleeder and your done.

8ball - Geoff was asking if you replaced the rubber hose between the steel line you replaced and the caliper/drum.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I replaced the hose on the front driver caliper now the caliper is seized and leaking. I replaced the rear wheel cylinder On the passenger side as well. I used a suction device to pull fluid tieards the rear passenger Wheel cylinder and was successful in getting some fluid purged. , then i noticed the leak from the front caliper that seams seized. Well seized maybe not but it wont bring the pads back to normal and allow the rotor to spin.

Comment

I attempted to bleed the rear wheel cylinder and it sucked fluid back into the brake system. Am i supposed to have the master cylinder cap open?

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
          I attempted to bleed the rear wheel cylinder and it sucked fluid back into the brake system. Am i supposed to have the master cylinder cap open?
          Sucking fluid back in doesn't matter, getting the air out is what matters.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

So sucking fluid out rear cylinder causes a vaccum and the front driver caliper sucks up Fluid ??? Instead of purging fluid??

Comment

So sucking fluid out rear cylinder causes a vaccum and the front driver caliper sucks up Fluid ??? Instead of purging fluid??
              What?
              Did you have both bleeders open at the same time?

You should only do one at a time, The fluid comes from the master cylinder.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Do i open the bleeder valve on one side at a time??? Man im sorry it seems im incapable of communicating properly im fustrated . I think i suck air out And it leaves it unbalanced. When i pump to purge the master cylinder cap is on when i used the succtiin method cap off right

Comment

Do i open the bleeder valve on one side at a time???
                  Yep do it one bleeder at a time, You need the Master cylinder cap off anyway so you can keep topping up the fluid level

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Well idk what problem is i cant get fluid purging out of either pas rear cylinder and driver front caliper both are new. When i first started this my assistant by my mistake turned the engine on briefly while the bleeder valve was open maybe this messed up the prop valve?

Comment

I will attempt again using http://m.harborfreight.com/brake-ble...not%20provided Any nay sayers?

Comment

Well idk what problem is i cant get fluid purging out of either pas rear cylinder and driver front caliper both are new. When i first started this my assistant by my mistake turned the engine on briefly while the bleeder valve was open maybe this messed up the prop valve?
                        Starting the engine wouldn't have affected it.
                        Was the pedal hard when you were trying to bleed them, or did it sink to the floor?

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

well at times the brake pedal would stiffen up then after attempting to bleed , it would go back to mush. the car can stop but only with the front passenger caliper and rear driver drum. The hand/e-brake is not working any more either.

Comment

well at times the brake pedal would stiffen up then after attempting to bleed , it would go back to mush. the car can stop but only with the front passenger caliper and rear driver drum. The hand/e-brake is not working any more either.
                            It sounds like you have more than one issue.
                            And if your unable to fix it, I really think you should take it to a shop because it is a rather important safety item.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                              It sounds like you have more than one issue.
                              And if your unable to fix it, I really think you should take it to a shop because it is a rather important safety item.
                              Im getting that vacuum kit and if that dont work im getting a new prop valve and master cylinder then and only then if the problem is still there im parting out the car.

Comment

Also i may have messed up by having a brake hose disconnected and pumping the brake pedal to see if fluid was comming out indeed some fluid gushed out of the hardline when i disconnected the soft rubber brake hose. I may have damaged the brake cylinder?

Comment

Working...
                                X