wagon exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wagon exhaust

As the title says wagon exhaust. I need some help here i have been looking for an exhaust on ebay and i dont want an oem replacement one and i dont know for sure if the coupe sedan exhaust fits without modding any help on this would be great.

Might wanna check out the CB9 owners who have MRT'S on here for information
    " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

The OEM wagon exhaust systems are identical to the coupe and sedan through the B pipe. The mufflers are different - the exit pipe(s) on the wagon make a bend to the right, then go about 6 inches before bending to the rear; the cutout in the bumper is further to the right on the wagons. I put an OEM muffler on my wagon, but it was made wrong (two of them), the exit pipe actually dropped down several inches instead of going straight to the right. I took it to a local muffler shop; they cut it off and rewelded it in the proper position.

The other option would be to modify the bottom of the bumper cover to use the cutout from a coupe/sedan so the coupe/sedan exhaust (OEM or otherwise) could be used.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thanks for the info fleetwood very helpful

Comment

Keep in mind that there are differences between EX and LX/DX exhaust besides the obvious differences in the manifold and A (flex) pipe. The EX catalytic converter is 3/4 inch shorter than the LX/DX, so I assume the EX B pipe is that much longer than the LX/DX. I have never compared them side by side, but they are different part numbers from Honda.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
          X