Adjusting the door height.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting the door height.

Sup. I have a 91 coupe. Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with adjusting the door swing height. My passenger door closes so smoothly. However,when i close the driver side door, it does not always exactly close.

How can i fix this?

Thx in advance.
    F22B1 Swap. #StanceNation

91' Accord Project

Paint is custom faded. (Love the Frankenstein look!)

Two options:
    A) Loosen the door using the 4 hinge bolts and align it with the body lines if it's misaligned already.

B) Loosen the latch itself and try to adjust it.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

It is likely that the hinge(s) on the driver door are more worn than the passenger side because is gets more use. If you adjust the latch, the door may close lower than it should; you probably need to adjust the hinges.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

the door latch is self explanatory, but how do i adjust the hinges? Is there a specific bolt?

91' Accord Project

Comment

Depending on the play in the lower hinge, you may be able to loosen the bolts at the upper hinge that go into the body, lift the rear of the door slightly, then retighten the bolts. You may be able to access the bolts without taking the fender off by undoing the fender liner.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I would take the fender off just for the sake of doing it right, then just close the door, remove, lock tight, and replace the bolts for both hinges.

I would look at the door hinge pin if it still closes weird after that, knock it out with a small hammer and replace with a new pin from your local Honda dealer or online.

Comment

Thx for the input guys. I will get right on it! Definitely would feel safer removing the fender. Get some WD-40 on the hinges too; they squeak lol

91' Accord Project

Comment

Working...
              X