High Flow Cat-what about emissions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Flow Cat-what about emissions?

I actually searched in here but found no usefull information...I was searching on ebay and came across some obx high flow cats for like 50 shipped.I was wondering though, can it pass emissions (pennsylvania)?Thanx.

ILBB
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

I passed in CT with a powercore high flow. You should be fine.
    members/ride | the/website
    180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

The Magnaflow Carsound cat is pretty good from what i have heard. Pretty cheap on ebay also if you ask me.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

OBX is a test pipe. I emailed them already about it. You need a real cat for it to work. I've seen flanged pieces at JC Whitnet for around $80.

Comment

cut your oem cat in half and take all the guts out. theres your hi flow cat. fuck emissions.

Comment

Thanx for the responses guys, yeah i wasnt planning on getting an obx one necessarily.I will look into this more

ILBB
            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

3 genuine high-flow catalytic converters to look into:

-Random Technology
              -Catco
              -Magnaflow/Carsound
              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

You're in Pa, like me. Most counties usually just do a visual inspection, which means as long as the shell is there, you're fine. Other counties probe the exhaust, you may have a problem there. Check to see what emissions are there, if any, and then go from there.
                Coming soon....

Comment

yeah i'm pretty sure allegheny county probes the exhaust...I was thinking of replacing it because i think my stock cat might of taken a shit...

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

i passed with flying colors on a carsound cat.
                    motor had 219k too
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                    X