Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Pump replacement. What else should i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pump replacement. What else should i do?

I am planning on replacing my fuel pump soon. It's not causing my any issues, i just want to replace it before it goes out and I need something to do.

When i replace the fuel pump what else should i do? I already did the fuel filter and i have new injectors and seals on the way.
    Does anyone else have a monthly budget of 10mm sockets or is it just me?

I've owned a dozen CBs, never had a fuel pump issue; ran my original until 330,000 miles (I think) until the tank rusted out. I don't think I'd go to the trouble until (if) it actually fails. Are your injectors causing a problem? A can of Seafoam or bottle or two of Techron in the tank can't hurt.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I agree with Fleetwood. If it’s not giving you issues I wouldn’t go through the trouble. Unlike the civic, we have to actually drop the fuel tank to gain access to the fuel pump. That cover in the trunk is to the fuel level sender unit, not the pump.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Its one of those things that i know doesn't really need to be done. I just want to do it because im bored and like to make my life hard.

Two of my injector seals are bad so im just replacing most of the fuel rail. Again because im bored.

I know the tank needs to be dropped and ill be cleaning the tank when i drop it. The stuff I've found in gas tanks is kinda surprising. I just want to know if there is anything else with the fuel system that should also be replaced.

Comment

Well to drop the tank you're going to have to move the exhaust out of the way so you could replace all those cracked and dry exhaust hangers.
          Honestly I wouldn't do it unless you have to. I just did it a few months ago on my race Accord and it was a phenomenal pain in the rear.
          ==========================
          1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
          1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
          Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
          Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
          M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
          Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

I put a gauge on the top of the fuel filter to keep an eye on the fuel pressure. I had the valve in fuel pump allowing drain back hence losing fuel pressure. After deciding to replace pump I cut an access panel in the trunk with an aircraft shear. After opening hole up I put a Denso pump in. No problems anymore with fuel pressure drops.

Comment

Well I was going to take the advice and not replace it unless needed. I think it might actually be going out. Randomly when driving my engine will miss a beat. No cel or anything. Sometimes it's just one hiccup sometimes it's a dozen. I know air and spark are good and I already replaced the fuel filter. Unless my fuel rail is getting clogged it has to be my fuel pump. Does that sound right?

Comment

I'd check/change the main fuel relay before I changed the pump.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                X