Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding DRL's to a US Spec Accord

Good day everyone.

I tried searching for DRL setups, but nothing really firm came back. What options exist to adding OEM style DRL's to a 91 US Spec Accord? Is it possible to obtain the correct DRL module (Mitsuba RZ-0126?), add the fuse, and be good (plug and play if you will)? Or do I need to find some other way?

If I need to find another way, can someone point me in the right direction or provide some recommendations to DRL kits and/or modules?

Looking to simply use the high beams as DRLs, but they shut off when the parking lights are on OR the e-brake is pulled up. Once DRL system is deactivated, then normal headlight operation resumes.

Thanks!

I know folks tried this long ago -https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...insight-wiring

And it's more complicated than you think. The wiring and connections are simply not there I believe. IE: the functionality to dim the 12V high beam at 25% when certain conditions are met (bake off, car on , lights off) etc. There's also the ECU function in that I think there was a different error light / code for DRL issues. I'd like to say "just go get a Canadian harness and lights/relays" but still more to it.

Comment

Yeah, that's the issue I was running into when I was searching for this.

I did stumble upon a MYT where someone @NH-503P-3 used OEM parts to have OEM functioning DRLS: https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...78#post4667778

I just need an idea on how he wired it up; pins, routing, etc.

Comment

The oem drl module has 13 wires to it that spider off to different things including both fuse boxes. You really need to be familiar with the fuse boxes and wiring of the 90-97 Accord. Mainly how they’re wired and the pin outs that aren’t even listed in the Haynes manual. It is the only reason I am capable of wiring those 13 wires correctly. In short, that mod is a bit in depth and complicated. The easy thing about it is it’s only wiring and doesn’t require modifications to different components or additional components to make it work. Just the drl module and a bunch of wiring. I can post the drl module pinout descriptions if someone dares to tackle it. I combo it with a custom made automatic headlight setup from an Acura MDX also. The end result is phenomenal.
        5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
          The oem drl module has 13 wires to it that spider off to different things including both fuse boxes. You really need to be familiar with the fuse boxes and wiring of the 90-97 Accord. Mainly how they’re wired and the pin outs that aren’t even listed in the Haynes manual. It is the only reason I am capable of wiring those 13 wires correctly. In short, that mod is a bit in depth and complicated. The easy thing about it is it’s only wiring and doesn’t require modifications to different components or additional components to make it work. Just the drl module and a bunch of wiring. I can post the drl module pinout descriptions if someone dares to tackle it. I combo it with a custom made automatic headlight setup from an Acura MDX also. The end result is phenomenal.
          Do you mind posting that DRL Module pinout description? I'm good with understanding wiring diagrams, but just need a starting point.

Comment

Working...
          X