Thanks for all teh help while replacing my tranny, clutch and flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all teh help while replacing my tranny, clutch and flywheel

Thanks for all the help while i replaced my tranny. It took a month to do. Some of that time waiting on a part. Shifts like a dream and i have 5th gear. Luk flywheel and exedy oem clutch. Anyways thanks to all.

glad to help and glad to hear it went smooth
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Comment

It didn't really go smooth but it went.

Comment

Lol I think that's how all transmissions are. I will literally and have will pull the motor to do tranny work, instead of just pulling the tranny only. The two things I hate doing in this car is pulling the head only, because fluids get everywhere and the head always get hung up on the head studs, and dropping the transmission.

Both kill my back and it is just much easier to pull the whole thing and work on it without having to bend over a fender or get under the car. But my bay also doesn't have as much stuff in it anymore.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
            Lol I think that's how all transmissions are. I will literally and have will pull the motor to do tranny work, instead of just pulling the tranny only. The two things I hate doing in this car is pulling the head only, because fluids get everywhere and the head always get hung up on the head studs, and dropping the transmission.

Both kill my back and it is just much easier to pull the whole thing and work on it without having to bend over a fender or get under the car. But my bay also doesn't have as much stuff in it anymore.
            So pulling the engine is easier than i think it is. I might be doing that soon.

Comment

I think it is, if you have the right tool, it isn't that difficult. You've already disconnected and removed half of the required stuff when you dropped the trans. If you have a/c and power steering then you will have to deal with those fluids/gases. But its not as hard as it is daunting. Curious why your pulling it? You mentioned earlier that it was leaking near the headgasket, that doesn't call for a rebuild.
              ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                I think it is, if you have the right tool, it isn't that difficult. You've already disconnected and removed half of the required stuff when you dropped the trans. If you have a/c and power steering then you will have to deal with those fluids/gases. But its not as hard as it is daunting. Curious why your pulling it? You mentioned earlier that it was leaking near the headgasket, that doesn't call for a rebuild.
                well if i had to pull head i figured almost pull engine and rebuild it but i don't have to. I spent more time tracking down the leak yesterday and it is leaking from the camshaft pulley seal which is easy to replace so looks like i won't be pulling head or engine for a bit. The leak was dripping down right on the lip of the head and made it look like it was coming from there. So glad it is leaking there and not head gasket. Those guys who stole my car revvd my engine so high it sprang a leak there and the oil filter itself sprang a leak. This engine is indestructible.
                Last edited by zedjr10; 07-03-2021, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X