Trans stuck???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans stuck???

Old cables were damaged and put in a clean jy set.

prior to changing them I could not find reverse

Once changed, the selectors on the trans won’t even move!

this is the second time heat has plagued my shift cables and third cable swap I’ve done solo….

now it feels like my trans won’t even move

There’s an audible click noise inside the trans when attempting to manually move the selectors but they just won’t move at all

anyone experience an issue similar to this before??

is it a manual. If it is u got to remember to push back on one while u move the other. One is to tell it is neutral. If it is an auto i have no ideal. I just remember when i was changing trannies and putting the connectors back on it took me a few minutes to realize.

Comment

Sounds like it's not the cables.

Comment

Yeah before removing the cables I found all the gears except reverse

i tried to connect the cable stay to the subframe while the cables were connected to the shifter and the trans selectors and forced it too much. The cable was way too tight and I believe this action caused damage to the trans internals somehow because the selectors won’t move at all now.
        Last edited by djALBINI; 09-02-2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Yea manual T2w4

Comment

So the gears / selectors should move fine by hand (not using the cables). You have something jammed up in the trans. I'd start by just removing the shifter cover and see if you can manually move the forks with a screw driver.
            Like someone mentioned if the one shifter is not in neutral then it won't go into other gears. or if the spring in there broke then it won't center itself (like putting the gears in neutral). But with the car off, it should easily go in gear. Some gears may need the shaft to move a little bit. But if you got it in all gears except reverse then it almost sounds ok. ( I have a T2T4) . One of these things I'd have to feel it for myself too.

Comment

I definitely boogered something up inside because nothing moves.. so remove the top cap and the selectors then try to align the forks!? I don’t want to mess it up worse…. King motorsports is fifteen minutes away I’m tempted to take it there for service and toss those upgraded synchros in there also.

I bet it’s an easy fix

Comment

Oh. While we’re on the upgrade subject…
                we’re does one source the 5th gear for better highway rpm? I heard it’s a machined accord 5th gear…? I know a shop nearby that could mill it to whatever size I want. I just have zero info on the matter so if someone wants to chime in on this I’d appreciate that also

Comment

Email David Ruiz at synchrotech, they are the ones that do the 5th gear set for the t2w4. It will be $200 for the 5th gear set.

https://shop.synchrotech-transmissions.com/contactus.sc
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Grumpys. Thank you

Comment

Ya, but don't let him con ya into paying more for both gears (master shaft and counter shaft). There's only one gear that is machined.
                      And for your tans. If you don't have the skills then you'll have to take it to a shop. But take it somewhere experienced of course. Somewhere honest too. Once you get into stuck trans anyone could make stuff up to get some $ from ya, meanwhile replace nothing inside.

Comment

King motorsports is the closest to me

$75 crack open and diagnostic fee for trans work

Comment

Working...
                        X