Difference between Driver & Passenger Axles Manual Trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between Driver & Passenger Axles Manual Trans

Sorry I did not have time to fully search but, is there a difference between the Driver & Passenger side axles?

My Raxles boots are destroyed on the driver side & the passenger side is clicking like crazy so I bought a set off of 1A Auto lol. <- Probably garbage

The set I ordered, both axles look identical & each box does not have a separate part number on them so it is confusing.

I read that even the auto & manual passenger side axles are the same but, are the passenger & driver manual trans both the same?

I cannot tell which side is which.
    Keep Pushing..

All of the sites indicate that the Front Left (driver’s side) is 3mm shorter when compressed than the Front Right (passenger side) axle. Auto cars lack an intermediate shaft and have unequal axle lengths.
    Last edited by SSMAccord; 09-26-2023, 11:48 PM.
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

They are different. The spline depth is different so they are NOT interchangeable.
      ==========================
      1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
      1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
      Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
      Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
      M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
      Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Originally posted by ukemike View Post
        They are different. The spline depth is different so they are NOT interchangeable.
        Oh god! This is extremely accurate! I completely blanked that Rockauto kept sending me passenger axles when I needed and ordered driver’s side axles and they didn’t fit. Thank you for correcting my egregious misinformation.
        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post

Oh god! This is extremely accurate! I completely blanked that Rockauto kept sending me passenger axles when I needed and ordered driver's side axles and they didn't fit. Thank you for correcting my egregious misinformation.
          I learned this myself, at a race, on my back, covered in grease, while holding the wrong axle in place while someone was hammering on the end trying to get it to "pop in." Eventually we figured it out. Now we never go to a race without one backup axle for each side.
          ==========================
          1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
          1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
          Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
          Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
          M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
          Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Soooo late to the party here. Sorry guys! I slack when coming on here to check back. I did get it all sorted out, I just double checked part #'s & was good to go!

Thanks as always for the replies!
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
            X