Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sounds like a cv clicking but..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like a cv clicking but..................

well this has been goin on for awhile but i am sick of it so i want to fix it but dont know what it is.this sound slike a cv joint to me.every time i take a sharp turn i here click,click,click,click,click on my passenger front tire area.now i inspected today and every boot up front is perfect.no rips or tears.i though that clickingwas only when the boot was ripped...no?anyways its not as loud as my other side was when that went.and when the other side was clicking a boot was torn and i got it fixed.but i see no problems at all.but it is clicking.could it be something else.it sounds just like a cv click.thanks.........but remember all boots are in perfect cond.

This might sound stupid, but there might be a rock in your tire? That would explain why its not as loud!
    Originally posted by rickyduckworth
    i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

k i was just wondering if it had to be ripped.what made it go?i know when its ripped dirt and shit get in them but why is this one clicking if its not rippe?thanks

Comment

alright thanks fizz,back to the shop for me,these things (cv axles) are running me $130.00 parts and labor,the keep goind on me.damn things.i wish it was easier to do it myself.thanks.by the way honda cvjoints suckass imo,they always go.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
          honda cvjoints suckass imo,they always go.
          They go because not one DAMN person on this planet can rebuild them correctly. Half the time all they do is change the boots, grease them ,and paint them. So there that's a "rebuilt" CV axle that the second you take off will begin to click.

I must have gone threw no shit 7 pairs of axles on my LX in less then a year. I'm so sick of this shit let me tell you. On my new EX I have one new axle that is in great shape and one old ass axle from God knows when that also is in good shape with no clicking. So that's how it stays.

I hope soon I can begin to get my income up so I can buy some axles from a place like the Driveshaftshop. I've had good experiances with their products but they are on the steep side.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

am i paying to much? does $130.00 parts/labor sound like to much?i know theres stuff on here for diy.but how hardis it.i will do it myslef if i can get the tools.what tools areneeded to replace my shitty cv axle.it is the axle i need right?

Comment

$130 sounds about right to me. Actually it may be a little higher than a cheap shop. I had to get one replaced before Christmas. It had been clicking for over a year and I knew I was pressing my luck. I had to drive up to Oregon and I was sure as hell not going to be stranded somewhere in the rain.

I had it replaced it a Honda only shop that my buddy's uncle owns. So I knew that I wouldn't get screwed. Now I used to go a cheap mechanic that I though was decent, but I had him check it the axel out months before and he said it was fine. No it wasn't and I knew I wasn't crazy. Had he replaced it, it probably would of been 40-50 bucks cheaper, but I don't trust him anymore. I wanted it done right. Oh and the same cheap mechanic did my front brakes and screwed them all up and they had to be completely redone.

Like you I wish I could do the work myself!!!
              "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

It's a little high, but prices vary. On my old 3rd gen Accord I only paid 90 for parts and labor.

Comment

I've had problems with my replaced CV as well...my newest one only lasted me 6,000 miles...I'm gonna fight the mechanic on that one...lets see what happens...I paid 145.00 for a rebuilt one...and that includes the first one he put in that blew up in like 3 days...

Comment

Yep, you get what you pay for. I too have made the mistake of buying the $70 Autozone "reman" axle. They just don't last. If you're looking for longevity, just bite the bullit and buy an OEM axle from Honda.....they seem to be the best.
                    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                      Yep, you get what you pay for. I too have made the mistake of buying the $70 Autozone "reman" axle. They just don't last. If you're looking for longevity, just bite the bullit and buy an OEM axle from Honda.....they seem to be the best.
                      That's what it seems from what you all posted

new Honda OEM $335

reman by Honda $126 with $50 core

info off:
                      www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

a remanufactured one should last almost as long as an oem honda one, i had one on my integra at 130k and i delivered pizza for 2 years putting over 70k on it and never had a problem with it again. As far as puttin them on it's pretty easy you just need the right tools (like that a big ass bit to take off that 30mm sumpin bolt) it only took me an hour cuz i had those factory jacks.
                        btw 130 is a little high but it beat the hell outta taken it to cv masters. they gave me a $450 dollar est for both cv joints
                        I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81

new Honda OEM $335

reman by Honda $126 with $50 core

info off:
                          www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
                          You don't need a NEW Honda axle, I've never heard of anyone actually buying one of those. The Honda reman is the way to go.
                          Last edited by mrhonda; 03-28-2004, 06:15 PM.
                          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

03 i had to get my CV joints replaced now having them done again
                            Bump!

Comment

Working...
                            X