Fuse Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse Question

I was just reading in the off topic forum about the kid who's car was stolen. That reminds me of something I found out while messing around in my fuse panel when I was trying to find a short. There is a fuse marked Starter or Ignition...I forget just because its been a long time since I was in there. When I pulled the fuse and tried to start my car, nothing happened...key in the ignition, clutch down, nothing happened at all, and the accessories didn't even come on, if I remember right. Is this effectively a complete car kill? Is it possible to still hot wire around it? Becasue if this is a complete car kill, I might have to have my friend fab up an interrupt switch on it to create the ultimate kill switch. Maybe its just my car, but when the fuse was out, nothing would happen at all.

that starter fuse would be nice as a cut off....good security...

yet on my car taking otu the starter fuse...lol it still starts...for years i didnt have a ecu fuse in the car but i had one in the eneinge, and i donno why.

but the one i pull is the ecu in the car. i pull that it wont crank over. good stuff...

you can hook up a switch to it if you want and then hide it. i was going to do this but got caught up in alot of stuff so now i just pull the fuse.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

a few words for u guys.
      1. alarm system
      2. egnition security code.
      a lot of money for this last one. i saw it on a mercedes it once back in europe. the guy just enters a 4 dig code the with the push of a button it stars the car. no keys etc. kind of like the guy on this movie that i saw.
      an eficient way is to cut two of the wires on ur electrical egnition and put a swich under there. a lil swich that can be hard to find and which u should use before u use ur keys.
      only u should know about this swich or u fucked.
      if u fuck up the electrical part then u are looking on a $90 form honda dealer or $30 from a junk jard
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

i do have an alarm system but those can be disabled really quick...trust me i know.

ignition security code is a little too much for me. kinda pointless cause they can cut the power and then roll ur car away... the best i do is get a alarm and put a back up battery on it. so when they disconnect it it will still run.

but i use a alarm, the auto lock, the club, that fuel thing, and my bat!
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Re: Fuse Question

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
          I was just reading in the off topic forum about the kid who's car was stolen. That reminds me of something I found out while messing around in my fuse panel when I was trying to find a short. There is a fuse marked Starter or Ignition...I forget just because its been a long time since I was in there. When I pulled the fuse and tried to start my car, nothing happened...key in the ignition, clutch down, nothing happened at all, and the accessories didn't even come on, if I remember right. Is this effectively a complete car kill? Is it possible to still hot wire around it? Becasue if this is a complete car kill, I might have to have my friend fab up an interrupt switch on it to create the ultimate kill switch. Maybe its just my car, but when the fuse was out, nothing would happen at all.
          did that kid happen to be me? lol. u got any updates on this? i want something more substantial than an auto lock & alarm.

Comment

Yeah, I was talking about you...theres a fuse in the panel called either ignition or starter, I forget, but when you pull it, the car won't start...it doesn't help it from being towed or broken into, but it will keep your car from being started

Comment

Maybe you guys should get one of those removable steerin wheels. J/K im an ass sometimes but you guys should try a fuel cut switch to kill the pump after maybe a good block and a half. BUt i tell ya one thing aint nothin stopin the scorpion tail or the flatbed beware.

Comment

nothing is really unstealable, but make it a little harder and most people will aviod it. You could sleep on it if you're really worried
                I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

Originally posted by 93akorddse
                  nothing is really unstealable, but make it a little harder and most people will aviod it. You could sleep on it if you're really worried
                  I saw that ad for the AutoLock where that thief cut through the steering wheel like butter with a hack saw. Nothing can stop a thief, just slow em down enough to lose interest. The funny thing is, he probly got arrested after he did the infomercial

Comment

Originally posted by 93akorddse
                    Exactly. I was about to say if the theif really wants it he is going to get it one way or another.

If I get an alarm it will be mainly because I want keyless entry. I'm very tired of using my key to get inside.
                    "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Security..... I would think if you have invested a lot of money in your ride you are not using it as a commuter. For a home: Garage, Dog, 360 Deg fencing around property, X-10 security expandable system with video (inexpensive). I have had problems at my location (91 accord was broken into twice) along with attempt B&E home). I installed an X-10 system on property so when anyone trespasses my alarms go off and the video camera monitors/records. I also have a very large German Shepherd who is very territorial. You ever been attacked by a 110lbs angry nuetered German Shepherd?.
                      TBILL
                      92 Accord EX Coupe
                      CB7, 5 spd, Seattle Silver

91 Accord LX - no mods
                      CB9, Auto, Cobolt Blue Cooking with Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by TBILL
                        Security..... I would think if you have invested a lot of money in your ride you are not using it as a commuter. For a home: Garage, Dog, 360 Deg fencing around property, X-10 security expandable system with video (inexpensive). I have had problems at my location (91 accord was broken into twice) along with attempt B&E home). I installed an X-10 system on property so when anyone trespasses my alarms go off and the video camera monitors/records. I also have a very large German Shepherd who is very territorial. You ever been attacked by a 110lbs angry nuetered German Shepherd?.
                        Word. I believe in dogs being best home security. I have a 115-120 lb Alaskan Malamute. He's a one owner dog & territorial as well. Don't like strangers at all.

As for the car issue, park in well light & visible areas if you're outside your home. But I agree that most things you do will only stall the thief...but if you can stall them enough or make them loose interest off the bat...you've succeded cuz then hopefully they'll get caught or run away after someone sees them. Don't go flaunting your shit either. I think tinted windows are a good idea, especially in the hotter climates.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i know of alot of people who repo and used to be thiefs. The only time they wont get a vehicle is when a big dog is there......alarms can be bypassed, slim jims can be made, don't even think for a sec the club works (thats why they only warrenty up to a 1000)....i haven't heard of a theft deterent that actually works good except a big dog
                          I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

i have had 2 cars stolen from me a taurus wagon that didnt bother me at all (i got a ticket cuz they left it parked somewhere for too long so i went and stole it back) and my 88 Camaro Iroc-Z which really sucked, (part of living in st paul i guess) but ive learned you can slow them down but you cant stop them and if you slow them down too much they will just destroy it. im still looking for my camaro but not expecting much

Comment

yeah i wouldn't expect the cops to help you find it either.......usually a theft deterent such as a flashin led is enough to make them choose another car. However sometimes you'll get the motivated thief that likes to press their luck. My last car had an alarm on it and i kept wondering why the alarm went off 3 times a week....I thought the alarm was messed up or it had an electrical problem son i didn't drive it for 2 weeks....come to find out some punks were throwing rocks at it tryin to kill my battery so they could steal my speakers....dirrrrty
                              I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

Working...
                              X