Vibration in 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibration in 2nd

My car for about the last year has been making a terrible vibration while accelerating in 2nd gear (manual), most prominent under light throttle conditions. I posted this up a few weeks ago and got no real answers. All I know is this does not happen in any other gear as far as I can tell. However, this vibration started to become noticeable after I had my driver's side CV joint replaced. When I asked the mechanic, he dismissed it as a transmission problem. I still think it might be a defective CV joint. Is this a possibility as it only happens in 2nd gear...and happens much more when it is cool and humid out. The vibration is just annoying and embarrassing to me at this point. The alignment is fine, the car pulls fine in other gears. I know the ball joints and struts are good as well. Is there anything non-transmission related that would cause this. The car shifts fine. If worst case scenario it is the transmission would changing the oil in it help the situation. thanks

That same thing was happening to me although I have an automatic it would happen from 30 to 40mph. I took it into the shop and they thought it was the transmission too. I assured them it wasn't and they put in new axles. After about putting in 4 different axles we finally found a good pair. Apparently they said they have alot of problems with the 4th gen axles they get from napa.

Comment

its gotta be your axles or motormounts dude. Or maybe the nut on the axles aint tight on.

Comment

yeah...I'm thinking my mounts might be fried, but that cv that was replaced still bugs me...I dunno, it pisses me off...i think once i get some money i'm gonna go to a different mechanic and have him tear through it and tell me what's wrong...

Comment

Working...
        X