fender removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fender removal

ive been trying to remove my drivers side fender but ive been having troubles. i have a haynes manual but it dosent say how to remove the fender. i got the bolts on top and the one behind the bumper. what else is there?
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

two more(one top, one very bottom) open your door an you should be able to see the top one and the other is located behind your side skirt and dont forget to pull the plugs on your fender lining.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

Heres a couple pics to help out:

Jay
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

damn would i have to take off the front bumper to remove the fender
        www.2camcrew.com

Comment

it would be a lot easyier and great pics

1966 Chevy Nova
          1974 Super Beetle
          2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
          2004 Honda Element
          2004 Honda Ruckus
          2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
          www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkid
            damn would i have to take off the front bumper to remove the fender
            Yes.

Jay
            Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

i didnt have to take my bumper off when i took my fenders off...

Comment

I dont even want to remember bout the day i changed my fender lol good things there werent any kids around, cuz the stuff that was coming out my mouth wasnt good lol.

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                Frost White Member 13
                My Ride
                "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

are you guys serious? was it that hard to do for you guys? i got mine both out in like 20 minutes, no problems...weird

Comment

Well i didnt have the right tools , well atleast the #10 wrench for the top bolt which was was hard for me to take off cuz of the paint that was on it.

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                    Frost White Member 13
                    My Ride
                    "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

mine was easy too i had it swapped out in like 20 minutes

"Tucking tires and wires."
                      The Chronicles.

Comment

i guess we're just pheromonal mechanics there j-spec..lol.

Comment

Anyone have better directions besides just the pics. I got a price quote at the body shop to put them on... 100 unpainted for install!

How do you get to the screws behind the bumber without removing the bumper?

Also how do you pull off the side skirt to get to the screws there?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Body LX
                            Anyone have better directions besides just the pics. I got a price quote at the body shop to put them on... 100 unpainted for install!

How do you get to the screws behind the bumber without removing the bumper?

Also how do you pull off the side skirt to get to the screws there?
                            You do have to remove the bumper to get the front fender off. For the sideskirt, there are probably 10-12 plastic screws (evil evil things) that have to be undone. The best way I found is to use a screwdriver bit lightly and unscrew them, while holding onto the surrounding piece (you'll figure it out when you see it) to keep the outer piece from rotating. Then you have to bang the skirt forward (towards front end) and then pull it out. I also believe if I remember correctly you need to remove the plastic liner in the wheel well...but I could be mistaken about that part.

Comment

Don't you have to take the headlamps out to take the bumper off?! Damn man... anyone in or around Nashville want to make $50 putting a fender on for me?

Comment

Working...
                              X