Brainstorming IAB's+ P12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brainstorming IAB's+ P12

Seeing as how the P12 give a few extra HP its a wise choice except for those who have an a6 motor. Today I was just thinking, what if there was another way to open the IAB's at a different time.

So here is my question to those with tachomtoer shift lights...The ones that have the interchangable pills....(Do you get were im going with this?) Does the ligth stay on when you hit the RPM it is sat at oor does it cut off a few RPM's after you hit what you have it set for....

I was thinking if the light stays on then amaybe all you would have to do is get one and wire it to the IAB's and change the pills for when you want it to come on....

It's just an idea though....

There is such a thing as a window switch. It activates a relay based on RPM readings. I'm ordering an adjustable 1 from these guys to work with the P06 I'm using to run hondata with.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7erz1/id1.html

Comment

arent the IABs controlled by vacuum though

Comment

They are hooked up to a box with vacumes but that black box is coneccted to the ecu...

Comment

more power is seen by taking these things out.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
            more power is seen by taking these things out.
            More power but where in the power band?

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
              arent the IABs controlled by vacuum though
              vacuum is used to actually force it to open, but thats controlled electronically by the solenoid.

an rpm activated window switch should work perfectly fine...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Get a VAFC and use the VTM signal to control when the butterflies open.

Sad as this sounds, I had completely planned on doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                  Seeing as how the P12 give a few extra HP its a wise choice except for those who have an a6 motor. Today I was just thinking, what if there was another way to open the IAB's at a different time.

So here is my question to those with tachomtoer shift lights...The ones that have the interchangable pills....(Do you get were im going with this?) Does the ligth stay on when you hit the RPM it is sat at oor does it cut off a few RPM's after you hit what you have it set for....

I was thinking if the light stays on then amaybe all you would have to do is get one and wire it to the IAB's and change the pills for when you want it to come on....

It's just an idea though....
                  I've posted that exact same theory a couple times around here, but no one ever engages me on it. You could probably not even bother with the light, just unplug it/cut the wire and splice it into the line for the IABs. Because you can set the light to come on at a specific RPM, you could set the light to trigger at 4800 (or wherever) and instead of a light coming on, you get power. I was thinking about doing exactly that on my Prelude S before i got an H22A

I want to know how doing that (P12, F22A6 IM) + F22A4 exhaust manifold would compare to an F22A6, cause then the only different thing would be the cams. I think that if you got a delta regrind, then you would be making the most power, with (mostly) stock components. Without the cams, I'd imagine you would be past 145, easy, and then throw on a CAI/Short Ram and exhaust, probably into the 150 HP range. Add in the 272 regrind, and you'd be sitting pretty respectable.

I'm ebaying a P12, F22A6 IM, and F22A4 exhaust mani right now... Less than a day left, all three things sitting @ $15... Links in my sig.
                  Last edited by benji; 01-27-2008, 10:57 PM.
                  1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                    Get a VAFC and use the VTM signal to control when the butterflies open.

Sad as this sounds, I had completely planned on doing that.
                    Exactly thats what I am thinkin about doing with mine. The black box is operated by ECU as already mentioned. It just builds up vac.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      Exactly thats what I am thinkin about doing with mine. The black box is operated by ECU as already mentioned. It just builds up vac.
                      Yeah, but a cheap shift light could do the same thing. $30 at Kragen/Autozone/wherever. Although, I guess you can do fuel ratio adjustment stuff with a VAFC. Or can you? Do those functions work with an Accord ECU?

Comment

acutally theres a guy on the board that used black trax double stacked and seen a 5HP/5TQ gain across the board, mor than anything most thought the gains to be because the material is less heat cuntuctive

Comment

Originally posted by benji
                          Yeah, but a cheap shift light could do the same thing. $30 at Kragen/Autozone/wherever. Although, I guess you can do fuel ratio adjustment stuff with a VAFC. Or can you? Do those functions work with an Accord ECU?
                          Supposedly. I played around with mine and it seemed to run a little less rich at high load / high RPM situations. I'm sure it was all in my head though.

Comment

What else could be done....

Right now I have a F22a6, CAI, DC header, stock exhaust(no muffler)

Im thinking getting the p12 with the shift light and hooking it up to the IAB's, an H23 upper plenum and throttle body, this should boost my HP and torque quite nicely right? And also considering a 272 regrind to finish it off..

I also remember reading that getting another plate were the butterflies are and taking them out and putting them on top or on bottom of the butterflies and should gain some few extra HP?

Any info on this?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                              What else could be done....

Right now I have a F22a6, CAI, DC header, stock exhaust(no muffler)

Im thinking getting the p12 with the shift light and hooking it up to the IAB's, an H23 upper plenum and throttle body, this should boost my HP and torque quite nicely right? And also considering a 272 regrind to finish it off..

I also remember reading that getting another plate were the butterflies are and taking them out and putting them on top or on bottom of the butterflies and should gain some few extra HP?

Any info on this?
                              Adding a plate would just be lengthening your intake tract, so yeah, you'd pick up some power. I don't know that you would enough out of it to be worth it, plus you'd have to buy a plate (maybe just use an IAB plate minus the butterflies?) for it to work.
                              Last edited by benji; 01-28-2008, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X