No announcement yet.

ENG: auto to 5spd conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU shouldn't matter. I'm going to go the labor intensive route and not buy the mounts. I'm going slow and taking my time stripping my donor car.

I'll have photos up in my two MRT's shortly. I may shave, paint, and do wire tucks on both cars if I find the time.

I need ABS axles, I might end up buying stiffer mounts. I'm still gathering and stripping cutting and welding. It's going to go slow.

Comment

I don't have access to a welder so I figure this is out of the question. I figure that this may be out of the question but I do want a manual, I love my auto but my reverse is pissing me off with the clunking into gear so I figure maybe getting a cheap Registered Cb with Engine only problems may be the way to go. I wouldn't mind swapping over all my parts Ext,Int,Eng (w/o my tranny) question is will my A6 fit in with the manual? I don't have any swap's suspension wise and I can finally go through and replace hoses as needed some 5 speed mounts if needed and a new clutch line and what ever else I need. What's your opinion on this would getting all the parts and finding a welder be easier and cheaper or would the diffren't Cb (under $800.00 and able to check through the gear's for "pop outs" or "grinds" which would be easier?

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
      Do it once, do it right.
      Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
      Missing My
      White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
      Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Originally posted by schierholz View Post
        I don't have access to a welder so I figure this is out of the question. I figure that this may be out of the question but I do want a manual, I love my auto but my reverse is pissing me off with the clunking into gear so I figure maybe getting a cheap Registered Cb with Engine only problems may be the way to go. I wouldn't mind swapping over all my parts Ext,Int,Eng (w/o my tranny) question is will my A6 fit in with the manual? I don't have any swap's suspension wise and I can finally go through and replace hoses as needed some 5 speed mounts if needed and a new clutch line and what ever else I need. What's your opinion on this would getting all the parts and finding a welder be easier and cheaper or would the diffren't Cb (under $800.00 and able to check through the gear's for "pop outs" or "grinds" which would be easier?
        I 5 speed swapped my car for free. I bought another cb7 that was running on 3 cylinders and all screwed up for $400 dollars and took all the 5 speed stuff and everything i wanted and i know i could make money on. And ended up turning around and making way more than what i paid on the car. so with the extra cash i made parting it out i then got a act clutch ,act flywheel,and gates racing timing belt and a few other things.The only thing i spent money on was my auto to 5 speed ESP mounts that were $275. Im only in my 5 speed swap 300 give or take some. just find a good deal and jump on it while they last thats what i did. good luck
        Last edited by dayzielynn; 01-02-2014, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I'm on the edge about this. My thought's are to find a white cb and go one of the way's I mentioned. I thought about actually using the other Cb as a transfer car like I said moving all the interior parts, and moving the exterior parts and pulling out both engines as a cheaper car would have a not so good engine, pulling those out and just bringing my A6 over to the 5 speed and going from there that way all the wiring is done and set up for the 5 speed ( It will just be grand fun wiring my alarm to the 5 speed). That or taking all the wiring to the 5 speed the clutches and everything I need over to my current. I need to figure out how long each rout will take and examine the donor vehicle to see the health of the tranny, Cv joints and so on. I am leaning more on the swapping into the donor ( as long as tag's are able to be current easily) It will be some work but I think I can pull off a speedy transfer I'm just not thrilled to see what parts the donor car need's and it's health in general (If the owner took care of it or not) also I wouldn't mind trying out the sun roof and rear disk brakes possibly on a 92/93, It would just mean I may bring some 90/91 parts over with it. I don't know I'l have to figure this one out for sure.

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
          Do it once, do it right.
          Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
          Missing My
          White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
          Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Working...
          X