No announcement yet.

ENG: Setting the TPS Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if my car stumbles right when it first starts up but then goes to normal the rest of the time, is my TPS not calibrated correctly? I've got the H23 TB/Plenum swapped onto my F22A6 and I reused my A6 TPS by notching the rivets to reuse the screws. I don't have any CEL's or anything. But is the TPS to blame for this misfiring at first start up? it happens pretty much everytime I start my car, cold or hot.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

mine stubles and i calibrated mine...it aint that hard, just get a t-tap and use the battery as your ground.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
        mine stubles and i calibrated mine...it aint that hard, just get a t-tap and use the battery as your ground.
        so a t-tap? is that thing you got pictured above?

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

whats the deal here i have to do this soon cause my tps was broke on my swap.... should i buy a new one or just use the tps that was on my A6 tb? you have both the yellow and red wire in that t-tap?

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
          Originally posted by deevergote.
          But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

I have that fluxuating idle now as well with no CEL code. And the voltage is at .49Volts and thats the lowest it can go. Whats the problem?
            My CB For Sale

Comment

http://www.nzintegra.com/settingtps.html
              I <3 G60.

Comment

been there done that, next.
                My CB For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by jtek24
                  been there done that, next.
                  that link wasnt for you dum dum.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

I'm gonna check this tomorrow since I just got a multimeter, my stumbling hopefully is caused by a bad Ignition Coil. I measured the resistance and pins B-D don't have a reading which indicates that something's up w/ those pins, specifically pin B doesn't since I checked all 4 individually, sorry for going

So a T-Tap is just a way of latching onto the wire w/o damaging it? my multimeter just comes w/ the two black and red wired probes would that be okay to check the TPS with?

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

oh and thanks for the updated link, the OP one didn't work but this one does now.

member's ride thread
                      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

got to try this cuz my car idles too high!

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

okay i'm trying to do this....but its not working. I have the positive lead on the red wire and the negative lead I have on the engine block. Its giving me no reading at all.....? anyone?

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                            okay i'm trying to do this....but its not working. I have the positive lead on the red wire and the negative lead I have on the engine block. Its giving me no reading at all.....? anyone?
                            i am using a t-tap...means you're not making penetration./
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              i am using a t-tap...means you're not making penetration./
                              I cut it down to a bare wire and am touching that w/ the red lead....and the black neg. lead i'm just touching on the engine block. And still no dice....

I am using my friends P13 Manual in my Auto though b/c my Auto P13 took a crap on me....could that affect the TPS sensor reading at all?

member's ride thread
                              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

and you make sure you have the key to II...

the only other possible thing would be if the ecu wasnt sending power to the sensor. i would check that at the plug.
                                I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                                X