No announcement yet.

ENG: H-series Plenum on F22A6 runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nm, im back with good mileage..thanks guys.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Very nice DIY, owequitit.

Since my SE naturally has the FA6 bits I'm tempted to do this; sounds like it'd be pretty cheap in my case ...
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Yes, and it does make a difference, especially for as easy as it is.

If you can find a cheap plenum/TB, that is even better.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Oh snap...hopefully another member of the H23 plenum club this weekend, I just got mine from wagalude.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I just removed my H23 TB and plenum (since I have an H23 to begin with :P) and sent them out to be bored. Going from 60 to 64mm. Can't wait to see the gains
            Originally posted by DoctorCipher
            ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

These coolant lines are throwing me for a "loop". Can someone take a bigger pic of the TB coolant line hookups?

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                These coolant lines are throwing me for a "loop". Can someone take a bigger pic of the TB coolant line hookups?

I don't have a camera, and it is really hard to get in there, but I will see if I can figure something out.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Never mind, I'm having H22sparkle figure it out...I think there are some differences with the H22 and H23 manifolds.

Comment

I had some minor setbacks with the coolant lines. I'm pretty sure I posted the answer in this thread.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                    where you been, is something wrong?
                    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Make sure when you buy your setup to get pictures of all the nipples, in particular, the MAP sensor nipple on the top of the TB. I've got CEL codes up the wazoo. Other than that though, for the $125 I paid I'd have to say this is easily the best bang for the buck mod. It really opens up the midrange significantly, and is a lot more responsive to the throttle. It also sounds a little different...if you're an acoustic buff it sounds like some of the higher harmonics are a little more reenforced. All in all,

Comment

Hey guys,

I posted this Q in another thread, but I have an A1, A6 and H23 intake manifold. Right now the A6 is on my car, but I dont have a black box or the ECU to run the dual runners. I'm just running them "OPEN" all the time. It sucks.

ANYWAYS. My Q is this: what would be the best combination of parts from those 3 manifolds? Are people just swapping the H23 upper onto the A6 because of convenience?

PM or post here. Thank you in advance.

- Zipcreature
                        Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

I am pretty sure the H23 upper is all convenience to those who already have the A6 runners. The h23 lower is the same I think.
                          Gary A.K.A. Carter
                          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Thank you G-Mang!

The H23 lower is the same as the A6? Did I read somewhere H23 has longer runners or something? Anyone recall anything like that? Because I have the entire H23 Manifold I can just swap on. But I suppose it might be an issue about ease? Is that what I'm understanding?

- Zipcreature
                            Last edited by zipcreature; 09-11-2006, 09:51 PM.
                            Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
                              Thank you G-Mang!

The H23 lower is the same as the A6? Did I read somewhere H23 has longer runners or something? Anyone recall anything like that? Because I have the entire H23 Manifold I can just swap on. But I suppose it might be an issue about ease? Is that what I'm understanding?

- Zipcreature
                              The H23 has slightly longer runners that probably move the powerband lower in the rev range...I don't think it would make much of a difference though. If you can get the A6 runners and the H23 plenum go for that, otherwise the H23 full setup should be fine.

Comment

For ease, would it be worth in your mind going for the extra effort to put on the whole H23, or just use the A6/H23?

Thats Glordy you are awesome!

- Zipcreature
                                Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X