No announcement yet.

ENG:Blacktrax IMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you remover the butterfly from one of the plates befroe you put it on.

most of the power comes from the added volume and velocity.

if you have $60.00 to spend on the blacktrax, then it would be a better choice. but if you already have the parts laying around, then my way is a super cheap way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed
      you remover the butterfly from one of the plates befroe you put it on.

most of the power comes from the added volume and velocity.

if you have $60.00 to spend on the blacktrax, then it would be a better choice. but if you already have the parts laying around, then my way is a super cheap way to go.
      which is much better than an intake...stock intake ftw
      Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
      Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

How do you get that little cover/cap off the iab plate so I can remove the butterfly assembly rod?
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
          How do you get that little cover/cap off the iab plate so I can remove the butterfly assembly rod?
          Pull it off with pliers
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure there weren't any little tricks, just the grip of death required with a pair of pliers!
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

more like just use a hammer and tap the cap on one side and it'll loosen.

Comment

does any body know what size bolt you would need to get to take place of the ac bolts? its eaiser for me to get that kind of bolt insteed of pulling some off a prelude. also good to know if some one cant get the prelude bolts

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                  does any body know what size bolt you would need to get to take place of the ac bolts? its eaiser for me to get that kind of bolt insteed of pulling some off a prelude. also good to know if some one cant get the prelude bolts
                  Originally posted by sulimed View Post
                  i saw green cb7 made 5hp & 5tq with the Blacktrax spacer on his car. well it got me to think'n why can't i just use an extra IAB i have. the butterflys were already removed and the ends JB welded. so i put it on and of corse the studs & bolts were to short. so i hit up different auto shops and couldn't find bolts long enuf. so i put the idea on the back burner.

well i go out side today so i could start on my ABS removeal. and i tripped on a bolt. i look down and it's three of my AC compresser bolts. i pick it up & run in the house to try it out. there the right thread pitch & they'er long enuf.

update....only 3 of the AC bolts will work. the two spots that have studs are longer than the bolts. to replace them you need
                  two 8 x 1.25 100mm bolts

hope this helps too

you can ca get it at ACE hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                    you can ca get it at ACE hardware.
                    ok so thats the same size as the other ones good to know thanks

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

i used all 8x1.25 x100
                      Honda lists the bolt as 8x108 though, but I used 8x1.25 100mm.

Pain in the ass to find at home depot, and lowest but ace had them

Comment

Working...
                      X