ENG: F22 Spark Plug Tube Seal Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great D.i.y.

i just did this to my car and no more oil in the spark plug tube. THANKS FOR THIS SITE AND THE PEOPLE ON IT we can do it ourselves. the whole entire job with a tune-up took about two hours taking my time and having one had occupied by a beer.

MOVING TO BACK FLORIDA IN 2 WEEKS. CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK OVER THERE.

Comment

I didn't notice where the timing belt is..

Where did you put the timing belt? I'm going to try and do my car the same way but I wanted to know if you replace your timing belt or not? Did you put it down near the power steering pump side or did you rest it next to the cam gear?

Putting my 2 cents in alright, anybody have change for a half penny? Ok that didn't make cent.. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by krb92accord View Post
        Where did you put the timing belt? I'm going to try and do my car the same way but I wanted to know if you replace your timing belt or not? Did you put it down near the power steering pump side or did you rest it next to the cam gear?

Its inside the cover dude
        Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

i need to replace my lower seals, I replaced everything else a couple weeks ago but did get to do the lower ones because Im missing a couple tools.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Did this just now, and i took out the rocker arms without taking the timing belt off and the camshaft stayed in place. Tomorrow i just have to get a in-lb torque wrech and torque the bolts and do the valve clearance, overall its pretty easy and doable.

im a little bit confused with my feeler gauge cuz theres 2 numbers on one gauge, theres a 10/12 and 11/13 then 12/14. Do i use the 10/12 on the intake and 12/14 on the exhaust??

MEMBERS RIDE.

Bought from: DannyD , Night Wolf , CB7=91, lummieCB7
            Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

Comment

First off great job on a great DIY. Have read every post and have just one question. Is there any possibility that the timing belt can slip out of place at the bottom when I take it loose from the top to remove the rocker assembly?
              LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comment

It won't happen. But just to be safe.......Mark the belt and cam with some wite-out in three places. If it slips off.........then slide it back on the cam while aligning the 3 markers you made. Look at Post #32.
                1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Cool. Gonna do this real soon. Need it bad.
                  LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comment

bringing thread back!

so right now im doing this and i've loosened all the bolts on the rocker arm and im trying to remove it but just won't budge... ? the bolts i loosened were 10 and 12mm bolts.. any help getting this shit off?
                    Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

nvm i got it.
                      Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

Hey great writeup! I don't know if anyone caught this though--step 2 needs an edit by the OP "2- Place the number one piston (closest to the drivebelt end of the engine) at Top Dead Center (TDC) on the compression stroke.
                        To do so, rotate the crankshaft pulley counterclockwise until the timing pointer on the block lines up with the TDC mark on the flywheel."

Of course you could pull this job off with the clockwise rotationas well if you know where TDC for cyl 1 falls in a backward rotation of the cylinder firing sequence.

-btvr
                        Last edited by batever; 04-10-2010, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Good thing this thread is still here. I will be doing this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate View Post
                            Okay, here's what I came up with:

This pic is showing the rocker arm assembly already taken off.

1 is where the lower tube seals go.
                            2 is the oil journal that usually causes the #2 plug tube to leak
                            3 is the cam seal

Now notice on the next pic, it shows:

1 is where the replacement tube seals go
                            2 are all the old plug tube seals that came off the rocker assembly. They shred very easily and will come out in a million little pieces. carefully use a flathead screwdriver to get the old pieces out. be thorough or the new seals won't fit right.
                            3 is the oil journal that causes the #2 plug tube to leak

*notice how the bolts are still in the rocker assembly so the same bolts go back into the same holes*

Hope that helps out some, guys.
                            Where are your pics? I wanted to see the cam seals and stuff.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bad_dude View Post
                              where Are Your Pics? I Wanted To See The Cam Seals And Stuff.
                              Thanks.

Comment

I tried doing this last weekend and could not get the marks on the flywheel, cam, and distributor to line up saying it was at TDC for shit. I followed the Haynes manual and everything and none of it ever looked right.

Comment

Working...
                                X