No announcement yet.

EXT: Fixing Noisy/Loose Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the window pin kit costs about $18 each from my local dealership.

Was anyone able to install NEW ones without taking out the window? If you did, how?

Comment

Im a little nervous about removing the windows, because what if its a bitch to slide back in properly?

how difficult is this to do?

because my windows are shot, they really need this. way too much rattle

I would love to have a solid stock sounding door when closed.
      Last edited by Mjfan12; 05-05-2007, 01:02 PM.
      1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
      ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
      OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

im doing this to my passenger window once its warm out

Originally posted by T3aM 83rD
        the window pin kit costs about $18 each from my local dealership.

Was anyone able to install NEW ones without taking out the window? If you did, how?
        i did it without taking out the window
        but i wouldnt recommend it
        its a bitch and we scratched up the window

93 Accord SE no tranny:Parting out
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post2070752

86 Ford Ranger fuel problem

Explorer Fund:$1595.23

Comment

ive done this twice this past summer. the first time i had to cuz my guide was broken off when i got the car and the window would just slip outta the rubber when i went to put it up.. so i did the pin kit and btw i really dont think u have to take the window out i didnt either time.. i just put it almost all the way down and removed the pieces to the track under that little rubber strip.. and then did the pin kit that way..(slid the actual part that holds it in the track up from the bottom and held it until i rolled the window down and lined up that part that goes into the hole in the window.. then i just put the little o ring on and screwed that top flat piece on.. of course that first one broke after a while and i had to do it again. same procedure and they still freakin rattle its so annoying

8 Accords so far:
          '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
          '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
          (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

*just a little note* when you remove the rubber strip that covers those phillips head screws, be sure to apply some kind of glue or something tacky that will hold the strip on. I thought the original sticky stuff on there would be good enough, but w/in a week that rubber strip flew off so i had to go to the JY to get one. just warning you guys so you won't lose yours

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
              *just a little note* when you remove the rubber strip that covers those phillips head screws, be sure to apply some kind of glue or something tacky that will hold the strip on. I thought the original sticky stuff on there would be good enough, but w/in a week that rubber strip flew off so i had to go to the JY to get one. just warning you guys so you won't lose yours
              lol yes good call i had to use some silicon dabs and it kept it on there nicely =]

8 Accords so far:
              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Both of my rubber strips are at the bottom of the doors lol
                Your man for wiring solutions!
                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man
                  Both of my rubber strips are at the bottom of the doors lol
                  they slid to the bottom or what?
                  because both of my rubber strips are missing too and i was thinking about buying a new set, but maybe i should check the bottom of my doors?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Originally posted by Mjfan12
                    Im a little nervous about removing the windows, because what if its a bitch to slide back in properly?

how difficult is this to do?

because my windows are shot, they really need this. way too much rattle

I would love to have a solid stock sounding door when closed.
                    I did mine in 10* weather and it took about 45 minutes before work one morning. If you can follow directions, you can do this. It's well worth removing the window entirely too, you'll have a much easier time getting the replacement parts in the correct places.

Comment

i didn't have to remove the window and didn't scratch anything...? just pulled the window away a little, installed the kit, rolled it down and slid that rail back in.. took maybe 20-30 minutes. rattles are still there once in a while but not AS bad, and now my window ACTUALLY seals at the top! =D Rain no more! haha
                      Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

ok quick question.... will this fix my windows wanting to wrap around my roof?? lol... my windows seem to pop out over the top of the doors..... when i first saw this i was like WTF???? MY CAR WANTS TO BE BROKEN INTO.... but then realized.... wait..... theres nothing to steal....... what a relief...lol...but yeah will this fix this problem...
                        DELTA CAM GROUP BUY
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbCQuhAnNcla gringa pt.1
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz-F2saG_ola gringa pt.2

Comment

2yr bump, i know if me and tommi need this done im sure alot of you do too

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                          When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

bookmarked

Comment

Originally posted by PrOjEcT2DRCB7 View Post
                              bookmarked
                              you should take it a step further and just copy everything including the pictures and save them on your pc. doing this now, got about 10diy and counting....just my .02 since the picture link die out sometimes

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                              When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

2012 bump, just used this diy helped me alot. no more window going past window frame. i heart diys

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                                disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Working...
                                X