X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHHHHHHHH IM TIRED OF MY FAKE TURBO LOLOL

paypal info:leonardorivera50@yahoo.com

Comment

Bump for a silly question, i need to this. the parts catalog recommends a quantity of 2, is that for one window or both? i need to do both of mine just wondering if i should order 2 or 4... lolz

Comment

Originally posted by Laviathan222 View Post
        Bump for a silly question, i need to this. the parts catalog recommends a quantity of 2, is that for one window or both? i need to do both of mine just wondering if i should order 2 or 4... lolz
        spring 2013 bump

I just ordered two kits because my passenger side window pin broke today
        and I want an extra "just in case"
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

How do you know if only the pins are broken and not the motor ?
          10th Anniversary Accord.
          05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

You don't have a sliding pin on your car because you have a sedan. You need to pay closer attention to what the thread is talking about. This pin keeps the rearmost portion of the coupe's glass aligned in a channel that runs the vertical height of the window. If it fails or breaks the window will pop out of the channel. This has nothing to do with the symptoms you'd also associate with a failing motor.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              You don't have a sliding pin on your car because you have a sedan. You need to pay closer attention to what the thread is talking about. This pin keeps the rearmost portion of the coupe's glass aligned in a channel that runs the vertical height of the window. If it fails or breaks the window will pop out of the channel. This has nothing to do with the symptoms you'd also associate with a failing motor.
              Just a question before i go buy this kit. How is the new pin put together (nut and bolt style)? And/or can the old pin kit be tightened (is there a chance it just came loose)?

Comment

Yes it is threaded on, but I doubt it worked it's way loose.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                  Yes it is threaded on, but I doubt it worked it's way loose.
                  So the issue is the old threads become ... broken? (plastic clip can't stay tight anymore)

Comment

No, there is a rubber spacer strip that usually falls out and the button retainer becomes deformed over time. I fixed mine by gluing in a larger rubber spacer where the window channel screws are exposed.

If you see silver screws, the rubber strip is missing.

The exposed button is made of a brass like material and is fairly soft and easy to deform.

Comment

my driver winder is a little noisy also but only when its half down... i got a coupe and i put a new little metal button at the top but i think when i did i didnt tighten it enouph.. defi annoying .. im gonna go to the dealer n print a parts list

Comment

I wonder if this would fix my my drivers side jumping track and kicking the back out when i roll it up

Comment

So i did both sides this weekend, but my old pins weren't loose. But I drilled them out and as I had new parts. Put the new pin kit in and ...... I still have rattly windows. ie - windows all the way down, close the door .... you know the sound. Everything was tight.

Comment

Working...
                          X